Nature Show "Flowers"

Sometimes I think LightRoom did a better job? Looking back through old edits (2017)
EXIF stripped, but it was the Fuji X-T20 + 35/f2 lens

View attachment 327572
I think it's all relative. When I first started processing RAW I downloaded Darktable and have been pretty happy with it since then. It's an excellent, powerful open-sourced program. Based on information from @Darmok N Jalad I purchased Affinity because it can also do editing, unlike Darktable which is mostly processing. I messed with it some, but it's set mostly unused until just this week when I decided to make an effort. Part of my testing has been to process the same image in both programs to make sure I'm getting the most out of Affinity. I have been very happy with it for the most part, but it's also apparent that some images come out better in DT than in Affinity and visa-versa. That doesn't mean I'm dissatisfied with either, both do an excellent job and are very cost effective. I'd be willing to make a guess that if you were to compare LightRoom with your current program in a similar manner you'd find the same thing. Some come out better in one, some in the other. Just a thought.

2022-07-23 (Sat) 10-33-52.jpeg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

I think it's all relative. When I first started processing RAW I downloaded Darktable and have been pretty happy with it since then. It's an excellent, powerful open-sourced program. Based on information from @Darmok N Jalad I purchased Affinity because it can also do editing, unlike Darktable which is mostly processing. I messed with it some, but it's set mostly unused until just this week when I decided to make an effort. Part of my testing has been to process the same image in both programs to make sure I'm getting the most out of Affinity. I have been very happy with it for the most part, but it's also apparent that some images come out better in DT than in Affinity and visa-versa. That doesn't mean I'm dissatisfied with either, both do an excellent job and are very cost effective. I'd be willing to make a guess that if you were to compare LightRoom with your current program in a similar manner you'd find the same thing. Some come out better in one, some in the other. Just a thought.
Yes, sometimes I’ll take something to a different editor to get a bit extra out. It’s rare, but if you have a few programs. Know where the strengths are in each and take that to your advantage.

Randy, I have usually found that the GIGO rule applies.
Best to get it right in camera ...
Yeah, but occasionally you don’t get it right and might want to save the photo because it’s what you have to work with of a memory you want to keep. Rarely do I do much to most of my shots in post, but sometimes an occasional photo needs some extra work to keep. Even something like perspective correction would apply here. The camera doesn’t always get that right, especially UWA and architecture.

Back