Show 'Food'

"SOOC" raw

2022-01-19 (Wed) 13-12-53.jpeg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

I have to say, Mike - you are creating a number of compelling - and very, very cool - photos, with your recently acquired KP. I suspect there may exist a certain hard-to-define synergy between certain photographers and their chosen tools, but whether that's true or mere supposition, doesn't really matter; the good part is that the KP is serving your vision quite nicely.

Oh, and, I quite like the previous monochrome post - of the fish frying - just as much.

I have to say, Mike - you are creating a number of compelling - and very, very cool - photos, with your recently acquired KP. I suspect there may exist a certain hard-to-define synergy between certain photographers and their chosen tools, but whether that's true or mere supposition, doesn't really matter; the good part is that the KP is serving your vision quite nicely.

Oh, and, I quite like the previous monochrome post - of the fish frying - just as much.
It's not entirely surprising you like my stuff. :) You and I seem to share a lot of photographic/gear taste. I like the green-tinted Fuji Superia film LUTs a lot, you like the Classic Negative simulation which also must base on Superia. Your depictions of Pentax 21mm Limited was playing a part for me to try Pentax out. You now do a lot of interesting work with the Xpro3, a camera that interests me but is definitely not the mainstream gear of choice.

I don't know where I stand with Pentax yet. I was not super impressed, early with the camera, until I mounted the last lens that I acquired -- the 55-300 that must be decentered in some ways because it gets so soft away from center -- but it's a lens that seems to offer a unique thing over my other systems, m4/3 or Nikon or Leica. Pair it with the 21 Limited which is not technically very good but has plenty of interesting character. Can't get these lenses for Nikon F or Leica M quite as usably as for Pentax.

I didn't stage a better photo, but I will say the beer-battered fish we just fried up was pretty darn tasty! Most of it went into flour taco tortillas with some diced cabbage and a lime/sour cream/hot sauce mix. Some of it was eaten straight out of the bowl with lemon squeezed over it. Given that my fryer makes small batches, our whole dinner was consumed standing up in the kitchen, but it was pretty darn good.

PXL_20220411_001111768.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Back