Show 'Food'

A modest but extremely tasty meal, courtesy of a local (southern Oregon) Taquería-food-truck.

XPro3_July19_22_taqueria_lunch.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

I am so happy we have a new restaurant in my suburb here. A small thai restaurant have opened! Hallelujah! Finally we can have real food and not only pizza and kebab. I have been trying out various dishes last weeks but this is the best so far. Nr 21. Pan Kam stew. Red curry with chicken. Very tasty!
Not eating on place so it is not so nicely arranged, they make it look really nice when eating there. But today I wanted to have it by the computer so I could work at the same time, tight schedule today :)

20220901_112933.jpg

Ah, thank you - you knew I’d enjoy this didn’t you.

• Water lightly and softly bubbling away. (None of that whirlpool stuff).
  • 3 Fresh eggs, small but heavy, crack them into 3 small cups.
  • Generous splash of white wine vinegar into the pan.
  • Put each cup half way into the water then slowly pour each egg in. The whites will surround the yolk, don’t worry.
  • After a minute or so, gently lift each egg from the side of the whites from the bottom of the pan. They won’t sink back to the bottom.
  • You’ll then know when they’re as soft/ hard to your liking (I like them soft and runny) at which point you can sift them out on a slotted spoon onto paper towel.
  • If this process fails, just do it again. Once you’ve mastered it you’ll poach eggs like this forever.
  • Oh, the dressing - mayonnaise, chilli flakes olive oil, cream and loads of tarragon, dried tarragon is fine. Mix together and gently put this over each egg yolk, it keeps the eggs from continuing to cook and leaves them soft, runny and yummy.
You won’t have better at any restaurant.

Last edited:

• Put each cup half way into the water then slowly pour each egg in. The whites will surround the yolk, don’t worry.
  • After a minute or so, gently lift each egg from the side of the whites from the bottom of the pan. They won’t sink back to the bottom.
  • You’ll then know when they’re as soft/ hard to your liking (I like them soft and runny) at which point you can sift them out on a slotted spoon onto paper towel.
  • If this process fails, just do it again. Once you’ve mastered it you’ll poach eggs like this forever.
  • Oh, the dressing - mayonnaise, chilli flakes olive oil, cream and loads of tarragon, dried tarragon is fine. Mix together and gently put this over each egg yolk, it keeps the eggs from continuing to cook and leaves them soft, runny and yummy.
Thank you for that rayvonn. From tomorrow I will be eating your recipe for my breakfast. I have been poaching my eggs in a bowl of water in the microwave oven, which is okay, but only okay! Can't wait!

The best poached eggs I have ever eaten. Thank you rayvonn.
And my sincerest commiseration with John King.
0A0F7340-0A73-4ED3-9649-366CA73239DD.jpeg

Back