Nature Show "Green grass of home"

Herman

The Image Stimulator
Name
Herman
P1020846.JPG
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)
I'll start, G1 plus 14-45, taken today August 25.

Hmm, I'm going to have to hunt for some. We've had a pretty rainless summer until a day or two ago. Maybe this weekend when the sun comes out.;)

I really like the way you've framed this one, Herman!

Herman, many photographers would reject an image like this owing to blown highlights. However, the blown/clipped highlights really work for me here and imho add an extra dimension to your image, in fact I think they act as the focal point in this image. Nice!!!

Nice pictures, I like the blown out highlights on the first shot (to draw attention you should dare to break the rules...) and sharp contrasting details on the last shot.

Has anyone else noticed the interesting transition from Herman's first shot down into Will's? Pretty amazing how they've zeroed in! I like the transition from the big picture to the smallest of small so far.

Welcome Will and thanks for your ant's eye view of what was lying around on that green grass.:D

not my home but there's green green grass

4976331957_ba74fbcc41_z.jpg

Leica X1 f/11 @ 1/2000th ISO 800

I'm afraid my own grass is not too green after our hot summer and not watering our lawn, so I'm taking the liberty of adding Daniel Chester French's grass. Here's some info on Mr. French: Chesterwood He's the sculptor who did the Lincoln Memorial, among many other fine works of art.

Christian, thanks for reviving this thread with your black and white "green grass of home"! Lovely lighting.

Agreed, Christina, that one of Kathy's is a beauty and - yes - Kathy's bliphotos are excellent! I wish she'd post them all here. (Hint, hint!)

Back