Animals Show "Horses"

Will,

I am so jealous of those shots...my wife and I waited for two days for the rain to stop only to find the events cancelled for my niece and everyone else; maybe next show in New York. It looks like the longest F.L. you used was about 300ish; I had brought my 300 f2.8, 70-200mm f2.8, and 24-70mm f2.8 which looks like that would have worked. Again, great shots for just showing up!

Regards,

Edd
Thanks. I had the 150-600 but I probably stayed mid range of that as you can see. I shot single frame rather than any type of burst. The jump gates either had single or double top poles so I autofocused on the pole closest to me, holding the shutter release halfway down and tripped it as the horse jumped. Most of my shots came out pretty sharp that way because I was focused and braced for that imaginary point in space until the horse hit it. I also went a little wider than I probably could have, but I wanted the advantage of seeing the rider approaching the gate, opting for a tighter shot by cropping in post. I don't think I would have ever used my 24-70 unless I was doing (horse) stable shots.

Horses.jpg

Back