Bugs Show 'Insect'

48994712497_fdd65deff8_h.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Attacus atlas moth - Kemenuh Butterfly Park, Bali, Indonesia by Andrew Priest, on Flickr

Attacus atlas, the Atlas moth, is a large saturniid moth endemic to the forests of Asia. The species was first described by Carl Linnaeus in his 1758 10th edition of Systema Naturae.

We spent a fair bit of time exploring the Kemenuh Butterfly Park in Bali, Indonesia. I can highly recommend it if you are in Bali and in the Ubud area.

cricket0610-02.jpg

49098030876_c532565a7b_h.jpg
Common Mormon Swallowtail and a Tailed Jay Butterfly - Kemenuh Butterfly Park, Bali, Indonesia by Andrew Priest, on Flickr

A common Mormon swallowtail and a tailed jay butterfly at the Kemenuh Butterfly Park, Bali, Indonesia.

We spent a fair bit of time exploring the Kemenuh Butterfly Park in Bali, Indonesia. I can highly recommend it if you are in Bali and in the Ubud area.

49119233606_44a6b9793a_h.jpg

url=https://flic.kr/p/2hQuUS3]Gymnast - Kemenuh Butterfly Park, Bali, Indonesia[/url] by Andrew Priest, on Flickr

An unidentified “stick insect” at the at the Kemenuh Butterfly Park.

49205860588_54fb8e17cd_h.jpg

Butterfly Unidentified #4 - Kemenuh Butterfly Park, Bali, Indonesia by Andrew Priest, on Flickr

My fourth unidentified butterfly from our visit to the Kemenuh Butterfly Park.

Ridiculously heavy crop, but: The swarm has invaded my blinds' gearbox ... Saxonian wasps. Not the most aggressive species - but uncomfortably close.

P1000894.jpg

I call this one "waspish welcome" ... Not much of a shot, but it proves a point, or rather, a multitude of potential sticking points :p

btw. The lack of sharpness is motion blur ... these guys are fast, and constantly on the move ...

M.

It's summer in this neck of the woods, and of course, the cicada's are out in full swing. This year they are out in record numbers due to La Niña. A few weeks ago I was almost in pain due to how loud their song was at this park (Kangaroo River Trail- Morton National Park). This time around, it was quieter as they've started to move on.
_DSF3399.jpg

_DSF3403.jpg

_DSF3392.jpg

_DSF3406.jpg

Last edited:
Walking around the garden today when I looked down at my feet...and saw this flower...and this bee---

RX10_Apr5_21_busy_as_a_bee#1.jpg

She was quite busy so I was able to take one more before she flitted away---

RX10_Apr5_21_busy_as_a_bee#2.jpg

Both of these are lightly cropped, but to my surprise the RX10M3's hefty zoom lens lets me get quite close to... some interesting life-forms.

Back