Bugs Show 'Insect'

Thanks for the tips Richard.
I've just got some extension tubes so I can get more magnification, hopefully I can find some willing subjects over the weekend.
It's as good a reason as any to go out and get some fresh air. Most of us have spent far too long indoors in the last two years, and it can be a hard habit to break.

I work from home so it's all too easy to never venture outside other than for shopping. Those 10-15 minute episodes mean I get some sunshine, an opportunity to relax and get the occasional image.

P6250012-1.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

It's as good a reason as any to go out and get some fresh air. Most of us have spent far too long indoors in the last two years, and it can be a hard habit to break.

I work from home so it's all too easy to never venture outside other than for shopping. Those 10-15 minute episodes mean I get some sunshine, an opportunity to relax and get the occasional image.
Keep your fresh air, it was 105F here yesterday! 😾

Google lens tells me it's an Eastern Spruce Budworm pupa ... could it be that?

Professor Google suggests that Eastern Spruce Budworms are native to Canada.

Whatever it is, it's probably removed itself from the gene pool by now. Turning yourself into a tasty bird snack on top of a flower head probably isn't the best strategy :)

Back