Bugs Show 'Insect'

Male and female orange tip. The male is on the right.
3DDAE8FE-8AA3-402C-8027-D1FA65A307D4.jpeg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

ant infested.JPG

Did I mention I hate bugs? Here we have a black ant infestation in... a Pine Tree! I've never seen this before. I was walking down a trail and noticed a hole in the tree was moving. I thought at first it was a bird or an animal inside, but closer inspection proved otherwise. Like there isn't enough dirt in the world to live in, now they have to take over the pine trees.

This is the kind of thing that'll ruin your day. Just about the time you tie the hammock up between two pine trees to knock down a cold one and a ham sandwich, this crew might arrive. I hate bugs.

View attachment 310581

Did I mention I hate bugs? Here we have a black ant infestation in... a Pine Tree! I've never seen this before. I was walking down a trail and noticed a hole in the tree was moving. I thought at first it was a bird or an animal inside, but closer inspection proved otherwise. Like there isn't enough dirt in the world to live in, now they have to take over the pine trees.

This is the kind of thing that'll ruin your day. Just about the time you tie the hammock up between two pine trees to knock down a cold one and a ham sandwich, this crew might arrive. I hate bugs.
Without insects, the planet would be completely uninhabitable ...

Just a thought.

Something you don't want to see on your balcony... @will focus you would probably agree!
We noticed some tiles on our upstairs veranda appearing loose and saw lots of ants all around. Looking down over the side
of the balcony, we could see a plant had taken root between the cracks and was growing out of the wall.
Nothing for it, but to chop open the tiles >>> and my goodness, were we in for a shock!

There was a massive ant infestation with zillions of eggs... I mean, not just a few, this was a gigantic ant farm!

Web 1500_FUJS0234 Roots under balcony tiles.jpg

Web 1500_FUJS0239 Ants with ant eggs under balcony tiles 1.jpg

Back