Bugs Show 'Insect'

Bee on milkweed flowers. June, 2021.

_6047866_DxOssdccLM.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Last edited:
I have a new lens in my arsenal :)
Sigma 105mm f2.8 DG Art Macro. It has really nice fall-off in the out of focus areas (there are a quite lot of out of focus areas). Had to get a Lumix S5 to go on the back of it.

View attachment 318534
Very nice rendering and I agree about the out of focus fall off. I had to laugh when you said you had to buy a camera for the back of the lens. There are at least two times that I bought a lens and had to get a body to go with it.

Very nice rendering and I agree about the out of focus fall off. I had to laugh when you said you had to buy a camera for the back of the lens. There are at least two times that I bought a lens and had to get a body to go with it.
A friend shared some images from the Sony version and I was really impressed with the look. It's a very sharp lens when in focus. I'm keeping the Olympus 60mm and EM1X. I can get much closer hand held due to the crop. Went for the Lumix version because the S5 was relatively cheap by the time I've flogged the kit lens and received my £200 cashback, it has decent IBIS and mostly compatible with my existing Godox flash system.

A couple of fly macros from the garden today. I need to get some practice, not only do I struggle with my macro lens I also struggle to find any interesting bugs in my garden.

I tend to do a lap of the garden several times a day in summer. It's 50/50 whether I get more success from doing circuits of the lawn, or otherwise sitting next to a few plants for 10 minutes.

I've tried letting the garden go a bit wild this year. It's made no difference other than to fill my borders up with weeds and grasses which are now preventing me from getting close to the bushes at the back. Think I'll order a skip and some bedding plants.

I tend to do a lap of the garden several times a day in summer. It's 50/50 whether I get more success from doing circuits of the lawn, or otherwise sitting next to a few plants for 10 minutes.

I've tried letting the garden go a bit wild this year. It's made no difference other than to fill my borders up with weeds and grasses which are now preventing me from getting close to the bushes at the back. Think I'll order a skip and some bedding plants.
Thanks for the tips Richard.
I've just got some extension tubes so I can get more magnification, hopefully I can find some willing subjects over the weekend.

Back