Show: Insects (or is that Ins-X?)

Lawrence A.

Hall of Famer
Nov 8, 2012
New Mexico
Larry
Four more bee shots with the X-10 when the critters had warmed up enough to move, but not to fly away. The larger sizes on SmugMug, where the photos are hosted, give a good idea of the close up capabilities of this camera.

greyelm

All-Pro
Oct 1, 2011
London, England
Four more bee shots with the X-10 when the critters had warmed up enough to move, but not to fly away. The larger sizes on SmugMug, where the photos are hosted, give a good idea of the close up capabilities of this camera.
Nice shots, the X10 does very well with macro. One thing though, I think they are wasps and not bees.

Lawrence A.

Hall of Famer
Nov 8, 2012
New Mexico
Larry
Reminds me of Edward Weston's remarks, made on recounting his photo trek through the Colorado Desert. He mentioned he found one dead man (and made a famous photo of him), and added, "Wish I could have found more." One of my favorite photographers.

NigelL

Regular
May 16, 2013
I hope this is the correct thread for these... Macro shots of a couple of garden flies, taken with my X-E1 plus an adapted Canon EF100 f/2.8 macro lens (preset to f/11), I also had a set of extension tubes fitted for at least #2, possibly #1 as well?.

Flies by NigelLee, on Flickr

Apologies for the cropped features, personally I blame the EVF for not keeping up ;)

Flies by NigelLee, on Flickr

Thanks for looking,

Nigel

Latest threads

Top Bottom