Ed

Attachments

• DSCF1453.jpg
    DSCF1453.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 551
  • DSCF1454.jpg
    DSCF1454.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 516
Four more bee shots with the X-10 when the critters had warmed up enough to move, but not to fly away. The larger sizes on SmugMug, where the photos are hosted, give a good idea of the close up capabilities of this camera.

Four more bee shots with the X-10 when the critters had warmed up enough to move, but not to fly away. The larger sizes on SmugMug, where the photos are hosted, give a good idea of the close up capabilities of this camera.

Nice shots, the X10 does very well with macro. One thing though, I think they are wasps and not bees.

Reminds me of Edward Weston's remarks, made on recounting his photo trek through the Colorado Desert. He mentioned he found one dead man (and made a famous photo of him), and added, "Wish I could have found more." One of my favorite photographers.

I hope this is the correct thread for these... Macro shots of a couple of garden flies, taken with my X-E1 plus an adapted Canon EF100 f/2.8 macro lens (preset to f/11), I also had a set of extension tubes fitted for at least #2, possibly #1 as well?.

9059981873_800e9fb0ed_b.jpg

Flies by NigelLee, on Flickr

Apologies for the cropped features, personally I blame the EVF for not keeping up ;)
9059981429_17c44a23b5_b.jpg

Flies by NigelLee, on Flickr

Thanks for looking,

Nigel

A friend of mine has a new place in High Springs, Florida and recently established some bee colonies.

Dave (via X100S)

Attachments

• Bee_keeper.jpg
    Bee_keeper.jpg
    210.4 KB · Views: 349
Back