Nature Show Landscape

white pine bonsai

We drove by a row of awesome, gnarly, old white pines, which looked a lot like huge bonsai trees, along a corn field in NW Wisconsin

7974873030_d9663dd91b_c.jpg

The Pole Creek fire is burning about 6 air miles southwest of where I am. It has been raining ash for the last three days and the air is atrocious. My photos really don't do it justice, though there has been some pretty spectacular light.

grd iii

0014205.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

The fire isn't jeprodizing town, other than the air quality and is expected to be out sometime after first snow.

Greyelm, there's a coincidence. My B&W shot above was taken up on the North Downs looking towards Oxted - about 2 miles west from the Titsey estate..................

Greyelm, there's a coincidence. My B&W shot above was taken up on the North Downs looking towards Oxted - about 2 miles west from the Titsey estate..................

it's a small world. Surrey is a beautiful county, I live on the London/Surrey border and only had to drive 20 miles to Titsey Place. I love your B&W shot, great tones.

Derbyshire Peak District in wet weather

Just returned from work related trip to this wonderful, wild part of the country - continuous rain and low cloud as well as mist for a lot of the time but I made the effort to take the X100 out after finishing work to capture some images of the wonderful views and clouds.

I wanted them in B&W as I feel they look more dramatic and appropriate for this part of the country.

Here are a few from the outings:

untitled-0052SFX.jpg

untitled-0053SFX.jpg

untitled-0047SFX.jpg

untitled-0055SFX.jpg

Back