Nature Show Landscape

"Wedding of the Waters"
Is where the confluence of the Paria River and Colorado River occur at Lee's Ferry, Arizona. Originating in Utah, the Paria River is a 95 mile long tributary of the Colorado River and is a muddy, silty river for most of its course. Before this wedding of the rivers occurs, the Colorado River is a nice "Blue" water river. Subsequently, it becomes the muddy Colorado as these photos depict.
#1 - Beautiful blue water of the Colorado River. #2 - The Muddy Paria River a short distance away. #3 - The confluence "wedding of the Waters #4 - The muddy Colorado River is now formed.
P1122347.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)
P1122341-3.jpg
P1122358-3.jpg
P1122359-3.jpg

Before leaving the subject of Lee's Ferry, thought I'd post of few images of the area. There really isn't much remaining of the original ferry operations other than a fort/trading post. Lots of fisherman as the Colorado River here is renown for big trout. A 10 day float trip was loading up and organizing for a departure the next morning. Anyhow, a few pix...
P1122323.jpg
P1122324.JPG
P1122292.jpg
P1122294.jpg
P1122295.jpg
P1122313.jpg
P1122318.jpg
P1122321.jpg
P1122334.jpg
P1122376.jpg

"Wedding of the Waters"
Is where the confluence of the Paria River and Colorado River occur at Lee's Ferry, Arizona. Originating in Utah, the Paria River is a 95 mile long tributary of the Colorado River and is a muddy, silty river for most of its course. Before this wedding of the rivers occurs, the Colorado River is a nice "Blue" water river. Subsequently, it becomes the muddy Colorado as these photos depict.
#1 - Beautiful blue water of the Colorado River. #2 - The Muddy Paria River a short distance away. #3 - The confluence "wedding of the Waters #4 - The muddy Colorado River is now formed.
View attachment 378687View attachment 378688View attachment 378689View attachment 378690
Of course the reason the mighty Colorado runs so clear at this point is that its sediment load is trapped behind the cursed Glen Canyon Dam just a few miles upstream of its confluence with the Paria.

Prior to the dam's construction the sediment load of the entire Colorado (which is among the world's steepest rivers) was such that it was described as being "too thick to drink, but too thin to plow."

- K

If you were going for a film look, I think you nailed it. You could have easily said Scarborough 1963 and I would’ve believed you if had scrubbed the exif.
Thanks Chris...that's exactly what I was trying for..messed around in snapseed with about 3 different filter and sliders..pretty much every thing I snap now gets quick edit this way , I don't think I've fired up the laptop in over a year!

Back