Nature Show Landscape

I haven't posted to this thread in a while, so I wanted to find something suitable - and something I haven't posted in this thread yet. So, I looked for the photos I have posted and the first one was this shameful example of my 'lete skilz. I don't know why I thought that was a decent photo, but I guess I did. Now all I want to do is fix it. The scene itself isn't all that spectacular, but at least I feel better about this re-edit.

arlington-road1608-005.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

I haven't posted to this thread in a while, so I wanted to find something suitable - and something I haven't posted in this thread yet. So, I looked for the photos I have posted and the first one was this shameful example of my 'lete skilz. I don't know why I thought that was a decent photo, but I guess I did. Now all I want to do is fix it. The scene itself isn't all that spectacular, but at least I feel better about this re-edit.

View attachment 206092
We could always do a PP challenge like they do on the m43 site, where the raw file is made available. Wouldn't mind having a go at that image, it's certainly not shameful!

We could always do a PP challenge like they do on the m43 site, where the raw file is made available. Wouldn't mind having a go at that image, it's certainly not shameful!
Did you follow the link to my original edit and post? Believe me, that's a shameful edit job. Your comment kinda reminds me of the occasional references to my physical appearance when I state bluntly that I'm fat. Then the other person inevitably says, "no, you're not fat at all." I'm thinking, when a fat guy tells you he's fat, especially when it's as obvious as it is, don't think you're helping by contradicting him. Same goes for a bad PP job.

We all have to learn from our mistakes. Telling a person who admits to their mistake that it isn't a mistake when it so obviously is does not help them learn.

As far as offering up my RAW files, I would never do that. I do want to learn to develop a photo to best illustrate my vision, but my vision isn't and shouldn't be what someone else sees in the photo I captured. Teaching the various techniques involved in bringing a particular vision to life can be accomplished in many ways without having to share an original capture with the world (or membership), unless the photo is the property of the teacher.

Well, that's my opinion anyway. :D

49031902893_d97bd4c7ec_h.jpg

View from Le Mourade - Chemin de Stevenson-2018-D6-09 by Andrew Priest, on Flickr

A moment to look over the valley from Le Mourade before we continued west-south-westwards over the Plateau de la Gardille.

Day 6 of 12 - La Bastide-Puylaurent to Chasserades: Walking the Chemin de Stevenson (GR 70 Robert Louis Stevenson Trail) in the south of France.

49047332591_9b4b6d099a_h.jpg

Farming valley – Le Mourade - Chemin de Stevenson-2018-D6-10 by Andrew Priest, on Flickr

A moment taken to look down over the farming valleys from Le Mourade before we continued west-south-westwards over the Plateau de la Gardille.

Day 6 of 12 - La Bastide-Puylaurent to Chasserades: Walking the Chemin de Stevenson (GR 70 Robert Louis Stevenson Trail) in the south of France.

Back