Nature Show Landscape

DSC01838-X3.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

An admittedly bland photo, but my phone was all I had, and this one is more about the story. This is what the landscape looks like about 2 years after a mile-wide F5 tornado passes through. I would have liked to have gotten a wider shot, but I was not able to stop for long. Even after 2 years, you can still very easily see the path of the tornado, as this is what the impacted area looks like pretty much the entire 30 miles the tornado was on the ground. We had moved a year earlier, and this beast had started about a 1/4 mile south of our previous residence, and was actually traveling a path directly toward where we moved to. We were all in our basement that evening, and fortunately, the tornado lifted before reaching the city. Amazingly, it did not pass through many towns—though it was not far from a few—and thankfully no lives were lost.
22E37B00-28FA-4372-960F-6DDB11211411.jpeg

An admittedly bland photo, but my phone was all I had, and this one is more about the story. This is what the landscape looks like about 2 years after a mile-wide F5 tornado passes through. I would have liked to have gotten a wider shot, but I was not able to stop for long. Even after 2 years, you can still very easily see the path of the tornado, as this is what the impacted area looks like pretty much the entire 30 miles the tornado was on the ground. We had moved a year earlier, and this beast had started about a 1/4 mile south of our previous residence, and was actually traveling a path directly toward where we moved to. We were all in our basement that evening, and fortunately, the tornado lifted before reaching the city. Amazingly, it did not pass through many towns—though it was not far from a few—and thankfully no lives were lost.
View attachment 286872
And I thought it was a hawk in a tree.

Back