Nature Show Landscape

Monument Valley...a few more photos..
P1019150.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)
P1019159-2.jpg
P1019163.jpg
P1019201.jpg
P1019208-2.jpg
P1019230.jpg
P1019249.jpg
P1019259.jpg
P1019042 (2)-2.jpg
P1019062-2.jpg
P1019070 (3)-2.jpg
P1120666 (2)-2.jpg

Last edited:
@John King
THANKS!!!
I see the diff after your comments. I didn’t have much in mind…I’m still quite new to PP… so I don’t know what’s possible, let alone how to achieve it.
The foreground was already heavily cropped. The day was like living under gray bedsheet, but the sun was still strong enough that it created a large bright patch In the lake.
So, you’re also thinking selectively darkening (masking?) the bright area. I didn’t think it would work on such a large area.
Well this is why I asked for help. Next time I’ll also mention that I only use Snapseed to edit. I’ve been pretty happy with what I’ve done, but there’s so much more to learn.

@John King
THANKS!!!
I see the diff after your comments. I didn’t have much in mind…I’m still quite new to PP… so I don’t know what’s possible, let alone how to achieve it.
The foreground was already heavily cropped. The day was like living under gray bedsheet, but the sun was still strong enough that it created a large bright patch In the lake.
So, you’re also thinking selectively darkening (masking?) the bright area. I didn’t think it would work on such a large area.
Well this is why I asked for help. Next time I’ll also mention that I only use Snapseed to edit. I’ve been pretty happy with what I’ve done, but there’s so much more to learn.
A (very) quick and dirty mask on the water using the brush tool, then exposure -0.7 over the masked area. Applied over my previous edits using Snapseed, and my finger. It would be better and more accurate using the stylus.

misty morn at the lake-01-01.jpeg

@John King
A bit of additional cropping + masking to reduce the brightest area-lower right corner- should probably finish without need to hide that area behind a title.
I have an iPad 5g so no stylus option. It’s getting older and need to be replaced with later model + stylus. I’ve wanted to try one specifically for photo editing.
Will try to remember to finish this off and post tomorrow.

These are amazing.
You've really composed them beautifully and captured the landscape along with its beauty and moods very well indeed.
Definitely front page worthy and more.
Thanks for posting

Back