Nature Show Landscape

Fuji GFX 50R_01509.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

46364928572_a2065e8bc0_h.jpg

The Valley of the Giants Tree Top Walk - SCWA 2018 01 by Andrew Priest, on Flickr

The Valley of the Giants Tree Top Walk rises to 40 metres into the forest canopy allowing visitors to experience walking through the treetops of Western Australia's tingle trees. The Valley of Giants is part of the Walpole-Nornalup National Park.

The walk itself is about 600 metres long and is quite an experience, more so when it is windy.

Taken whilst on a south-coast of Western Australia road trip in December 2018 with my youngest son.

44609039060_48d00330c2_h.jpg

Bridging the North Face - Mt Frankland [Caldyanup] - SCWA 2018 02 by Andrew Priest, on Flickr

Circling Mt Frankland on the Caldyanup Trail via the Soho Lookout. This trail loops around the granite bulk of Mount Frankland through the karri forest with views beyond.

From the top of Mount Frankland, you have 360-degree views of the Walpole Wilderness.

Dr J Wilson named Mount Frankland after climbing Mount Lindesay during his explorations north and west of Albany in 1829. He named Mount Frankland after the then Surveyor-General of Tasmania. The Aboriginal name for Mount Frankland is Caldyanup.

Taken on December 11, 2018, whilst on a south-coast of Western Australia road trip with my youngest son.

View attachment 318650
Bridging the North Face - Mt Frankland [Caldyanup] - SCWA 2018 02 by Andrew Priest, on Flickr

Circling Mt Frankland on the Caldyanup Trail via the Soho Lookout. This trail loops around the granite bulk of Mount Frankland through the karri forest with views beyond.

From the top of Mount Frankland, you have 360-degree views of the Walpole Wilderness.

Dr J Wilson named Mount Frankland after climbing Mount Lindesay during his explorations north and west of Albany in 1829. He named Mount Frankland after the then Surveyor-General of Tasmania. The Aboriginal name for Mount Frankland is Caldyanup.

Taken on December 11, 2018, whilst on a south-coast of Western Australia road trip with my youngest son.
It must have been quite a feat to build that trail - is it a very long section that looks like this?

I feel my post processing skills have progressed quite a bit during the last year or so, and I've been going through some of my older shots again finding stuff that I found had potential but I didn't quite get to where I wanted them at the time. Here are a couple of such pictures:

EOSR2611-1-LR_s.jpg
EOSR3295-1-LR_s.jpg

Back