Nature Show Landscape

DSC_2673-2-2-1.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Morro Rock, early morning shot.

We were on an ADV Motorcycle camping trip at the top of Quartz Mountain near Ellensburg, WA last summer, August, and we were about to go to bed, when we saw the flickering lights off on the horizon, once I realized what it was, I ran for my camera, which was still packed up from the day's ride. I set it to what I would use for Milky Way shots and that's what I captured. It was a complete surprise, I wasn't watching the apps, had no idea it was going to happen that night.

Now, I caught the Aurora two nights ago from our backyard here in Ellensburg, WA, and this time I knew it was going to happen. I wish I had gone out looking for a better view, but I think this counts as Landscape as well.

Aurora Borealis Ellensburg WA.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

We were on an ADV Motorcycle camping trip at the top of Quartz Mountain near Ellensburg, WA last summer, August, and we were about to go to bed, when we saw the flickering lights off on the horizon, once I realized what it was, I ran for my camera, which was still packed up from the day's ride. I set it to what I would use for Milky Way shots and that's what I captured. It was a complete surprise, I wasn't watching the apps, had no idea it was going to happen that night.

Now, I caught the Aurora two nights ago from our backyard here in Ellensburg, WA, and this time I knew it was going to happen. I wish I had gone out looking for a better view, but I think this counts as Landscape as well.

View attachment 369737
Very cool!

Back