Show "Light"

Taneli

Regular
Location
Sweden
Name
Daniel
I replaced this classic light bulb! Felt kinda nostalgic to do it. Could it have been the last time I touch an old light bulb!? :)

_DSC2994.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)
 
I replaced this classic light bulb! Felt kinda nostalgic to do it. Could it have been the last time I touch an old light bulb!? :)

View attachment 334529
You mean one of those heating elements with about 95% efficiency for heat, the other 5% is given of as light? ;)
Of course there are more efficient ways to heat a space then using one of those, but the heat generated from it has to be replaced with some other source.

PS. You probably still can buy these lamps from somewhere, but now labeled as heat sources.
 

John King

Member of SOFA
Location
Beaumaris, Melbourne, Australia
Name
John ...
I replaced this classic light bulb! Felt kinda nostalgic to do it. Could it have been the last time I touch an old light bulb!? :)

View attachment 334529
Our State and Federal governments have heavily subsidised the replacement of all incandescent and compact fluorescent bulbs with LEDs. Replaced over 70 in our house at zero cost to ourselves. The three remaining halide lights will have to be replaced by our electrician, as they are dimmable.

M257122.JPG
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)


M257123.JPG
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)


Replaced these. The compact fluorescent bulbs seemed like a good idea at the time to the various governments. In reality, they are an environmental disaster!

M257125.JPG
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)
 
Top