Show "Look through your home front window"

6006012633_c931216ae5_b.jpg

View from our upstairs window at about 18:30 today - a dull day but still reasonably warm - across the valley, looking west, (left edge is west - right edge of image is north - we usually can see the weather coming from the west!) - autumn colours and we have a really nice view
we had the first rain this morning for at least a month

when we bought the house, over 20 years ago, we could see all the Chateau and down to the road
Over the past 20 years even the larger trees have doubled in size - must get out with my chain saw as some of them are in our front "garden"

The area is full of wild life - wild boar, (dig up the garden - and get shot) - deer, (eat the grapes and get shot) - woodpeckers, (make a noise) - lots of Jays, (make a louder noise) - quite a few birds of prey, (Hawks and buzzards - the French type) - a few snakes, (not too nice) - and lots of other birds, permanent residents and migratory - the area is "full of food" for wild life

Oh - and the telephone wire is still only 5 to 10 feet off the ground - it's been like that for about 8 years, (since the last big storm), and the local PTT, (France Telecom), seem not to want to do anything about it, (i.e. it should be at least 20 feet - 6 to 7 meters - off the ground)

view_from_window.jpg

Up early this morning, as is the custom, to get the horse's done. Passing pre-dawn in my lounge-room I thought it as good a time as any to show you what I raise my coffee cup up to each day.

The Fuji doing its thing at ISO3200...I'm glad it did the focussing because my eyes and throbbing head weren't up to the task :blush:

P.S. not the best of inspirations Herman, because now I clearly see that I have windows to clean this weekend! Thanks!!!

6262964042_9db114d8eb_b.jpg

First coffee... by stillshunter, on Flickr

Mark, as you know, I first found this on Flickr...and now I see that I'd missed it here. Forget about dirty windows - what a view to have as yours! Love the intensity of color and the highlights on the leaves in the foreground.

Bill, you and your wife surely picked the perfect place 20 years ago - and I got a kick out of reading about the wildlife and their various activities, as well as the lack of activity of the French telephone company.;) So bucolic, yet with a French flavor.... I envy you and Mark your morning views.

avidone, I appreciate your honestly...we can't all have stunning views out our home front window. I know that I don't, hence I posted what I did...you'll note the shallow depth of field.:D

@BB-- yeah, we live in a pretty ordinary neighbourhood of apartment blocks and shops mostly built in the 1950's. It is a very "livable" area, but not very decorative. The neon lights at least give me something to take test pics of at night, and there is always traffic for moving bus photos or whatever. I mean, with new cameras or lenses, I really feel I SHOULD take pictures of something other than my poor, over-photographed cat. Luckily I am in Rome and within a few minutes bus ride from plenty of other great scenery, though ;-)

Back