Show Macro

It is amazing how the simple and mundane seem to become exciting when taken Macro.

I know! I really like the macro function on the LX5. With the ease of use and quality of the images, I don't know why I'd go through the trouble of doing macro on the 7D anymore which involves carrying a big lens and heavy bag around, including having to change the lenses.

5320192596_080e5b997c_b_d.jpg

5319597259_765c90d6bf_b_d.jpg

5320206032_c1e043a5dd_b_d.jpg

I agree, Dave - and Kevin, I'm sorry I had missed these two until just now. The reflection on that being...that looks sort of like a whale frog is really beautiful.

Traam, I need to remember to use the Macro more often. I did try some the other night and need to download them and see how they turned out. If any are worth it, I'll add them to this thread. You've proved to me that this LX5 is supremely capable!

Some macro shots with a spider and the moon in the background. This spider has been living outside my front door for a few weeks. It was very difficult to get everything in sharp focus due to a slight breeze in the air and the very very low light and it being handheld. And also at one point while I was photographing the spider it suddenly dropped out of view of the screen on my LX5 which scared the living **** out of me, I almost dropped the camera because I was holding it very close to the spider for the macro shot. Turns out it thought it had caught something in its web.

5471012443_6b0ef69f63.jpg

P1020247 by thelateshowwithsanjuro, on Flickr

5471607456_3e0c06793b_z.jpg

P1020240_2 by thelateshowwithsanjuro, on Flickr

Yes, it converts a GRD lens to 21mm equivalent. Unfortunately the GRD3 takes a different size :(
When I took the image above the lens was actually touching the straw!

That's amazing about the lens touching the straw! I can't get over how crystal clear and detailed it is - also love the angle and your choice of black and white, too.

Too bad about the GRD3's not working with this. Don't these camera folks know we need interchangeable everything?! ;-)

Back