Show Modern Architecture

BBW

Administrator Emeritus
Jul 7, 2010
betwixt and between
BB
Dan, thanks so much for posting this one over here. I like this view - it shows the immensity of these buildings and how small and insignificant one must feel when standing before them.

christilou

Legend
Jul 13, 2010
Sunny Frimley
Wow, that is a long way up! I like the steel construction and soft rounded edges. I could never live/work that high up in the sky because I hate heights ;)

tanngrisnir3

Regular
Nov 11, 2010
Not sure how if to crop these two, given the angle and the windows that will be cut off, but this is the Roosevelt Hotel, Hollywood Blvd, at night. Also great at about 0400 hours, when then turn off those flood lights, but I discovered on would need a big ladder to shoot fully w/out having to frame-out the numerous palm trees (and a parking structure) all around the bottom of the shot. Grrrrrr......

View attachment 31336

View attachment 31337

BBW

Administrator Emeritus
Jul 7, 2010
betwixt and between
BB
Thanks to you both for these. T3, that hotel does a good job of pretending to be old fashioned, at least in that light. I like both your views very much. In the second, you could try a slight burning in or crop up slightly and see what you think - if you like it better or not. Would you mind editing your post to add in which camera you're using? Is it the LX5? Sorry, my brain is overloaded and I can't remember who is using what all the time. The sense of place is strong in both and the color and light is quite beautiful.

Kevin, that structure is very cool. I keep thinking it's some sort of apparatus involved with brain surgery, if you see what I mean. The light you saw and captured in this view is really nice - love the glow down in front.

hannahntilly

Regular
Apr 13, 2012
Surrey, UK
Peter
"Bedzed" Zero emissions development

I'm going through a phase of snapping interesting buildings currently. Here are a few pictures of a Zero Emissions housing development at Beddington in Surrey. It was a typically grey day for this time of year but the colourful wind cowls cheered me up.

View attachment 66013
P1050773.jpg by nearlycossack, on Flickr

View attachment 66014
P1050778-Edit.jpg by nearlycossack, on Flickr

View attachment 66015
P1050781.jpg by nearlycossack, on Flickr

P1050776.jpg by nearlycossack, on Flickr

All taken with an LX5.

P.H

Regular
Apr 4, 2011
Derby, UK
In the center of Birmingham is a building that looks as fantastical to me as a Cathedral would have looked in the 15th century. It's a place of retail rather than religion, though I'm not sure everyone can tell the difference. It's even more appealing to me as it faces the Gothic St Martins Church.

The Blob, I love it;

Latest posts

Latest threads

Top Bottom