Show Modern Architecture

Krugman

Rookie
Mar 13, 2013
This long thread is a wonderful and inspiring set of images! Taken will a variety of compacts and m4/3 and Nex cameras, showing it is the photographer, not the camera.

Actually, not only does the camera not take the picture, the photographer doesn't either. The picture takes the photographer.

Splendid sets of photos! Bravo!

Krugman

ReD

Hall of Famer
Mar 27, 2013
I took some photos of the Marina Towers with my Halina Paulette in the 60's - we were on another building looking across & watched the parking attendants racing the cars up the spiral ramps - hell of a good job to have.

Not sure where the photos are if they turn up I'll post them. Architect was Bertrand Goldberg. completed 64 cost £36million.

I recall looking down at the canal network during a sunset it was truly a spectacular view then.

pniev

Student for life
May 13, 2013
Shot these yesterday. It's a silo of a sugar factory transformed into an office building.
Peter

ReD

Hall of Famer
Mar 27, 2013
Maggies Centre Swansea – Kisho Kurokawa

Completed from a sketch by Kurokawa who died before he completed the design

View attachment 72607

This is the closest I could get to take a photo without climbing over the fence
I’ve been meaning to take photos before but never got around to it – quite honestly I don’t find the design that inspiring or sympathetic especially when compared to other Maggie centres in the UK.
Originally Frank Gehry was announced as the architect but the reason for the change was never explained.

Full write up here

Maggie’s South West Wales by Kisho Kurokawa and Garbers & James - Dezeen

Latest threads

Top Bottom