a couple of mine from a few years ago when I rode quite a lot

TZ_bike_1.jpg

TZ_bike_2.jpg

John that's me, (in my younger days)

They were taken for an article on BMW GS Bikes for the UK "Ride" Magazine

Taken by a photographer with the nickname of "snapper"

At one time I had quite a few BM's

Taken in North Yorkshire

Here is another of my GS's - probably my favourite - even if it is a paralever, (a BMW R80GS Basic with the standard and Kalahari tanks)

I sold it about 5 years ago to a nice guy from Northern Spain who made me an offer that I could not refuse

GS_Basic.jpg

GS_Basic_2.jpg

GS_Basic_3.jpg

GS_Basic_4.jpg

GS_Basic_5.jpg

I suppose that I stopped riding about 10 years ago, but I still have a few Bikes left

A R90S, an R100RS MotorSport, an R80 and a R100GS PD

I get the R80 out a few times over the summer here it France, but my reactions are not as good as they were so I should keep off Bikes, (so my wife tells me!!)

Not having a lot of luck here. Got it out the garage, went to gear up, came back out to rain !
Thats the lake district for you. Went out anyway. But left my camera gear at home.
12032499584_ff2c04821e_b.jpg

DGAR8388 by sucofni, on Flickr

Never mind RB, it can't rain forever - can it? :eek: I'm hoping it stops soon, I'm hoping to put the Beemer back on the road sometime in early Spring, This is the first year I've not ridden through winter since I went back to biking 16 years ago - more to do with health issues than the weather - so I'm looking forward to getting back out there and heading for the ' Dales once more.

Iff eye wuz rite in a travall guide eyed problee chek me spellin. But it ain't. So I don't care.
So bee soup earior elswear
I don't give a sh1t

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I normally get to do a bit of winter riding here in Virginia, but it's been so cold this January. Between the black ice and the road gravel it's almost not worth risking a whole riding season for a midwinter lark.

I'll join you one day for a bike & photo jaunt. I'm just south of Carlisle so not far from you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sounds like a plan, :) I usually head over via the Ribblehead and maybe Devil's Bridge to Hawes at some point for fish 'n chips at the little cafe there. After that I gravitate towards Wharfedale and Kettlewell / Grassington. As already mentioned, I've not been riding the bike much for a while and was at one point thinking of buying one of these, so hired one for the day and took off over one of my biking routes. I'd fancied one for years but after spending a day with one realised it's not for me - I'll keep the bike thanks!

I had the opportunity to demo a Hypermotard shortly after they were introduced. Oh my! That bike is just fun, fun, fun.......and what a looker! If it had more range, it would be in my garage right now. However, for my primary street bike, I like to have around a 200 mile range. Unfortunately, if you're even the least bit aggressive with the right wrist, the Hypermotard's range is closer to 100 than 200. Great bike though!

Another couple of my Basics - BMW R80GS Basic

BMW Kalahari tank and HPN seat and rack, modified side stand, small lockable metal box and heavy duty cylinder guards
basic_2.jpg

TT long range plastic tank and TT panniers, after market screen and Acerbis front guard
basic_1.jpg

both now sold - just before we left the UK

Back