Sports Show Motorsports

7545D48E-DCD5-427C-9E32-E9464B8BA841.jpeg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Hello, long time no post :) Not had much of a photo mojo over the winter. However Racing has started again at Oulton so here are a couple from last weekends events.
All straight out of camera except a couple ran through Topaz AL Sharpening and cropping.
Also been experimenting with slow shutter speeds to get some abstract images, I like them but I suspect a bit of marmite :)
All images are this time Olympus, see I do use m43 :LOL:

Anyway here we go:

52810010373_32c43848d4_b.jpg
P4081202-2 by K 91, on Flickr

52809563321_9954e85a01_b.jpg
P4081098 by K 91, on Flickr

52808999697_f1f986e8be_b.jpg
P4080954 by K 91, on Flickr

52810010118_04e6e08855_b.jpg
P4081339 by K 91, on Flickr

Hello, long time no post :) Not had much of a photo mojo over the winter. However Racing has started again at Oulton so here are a couple from last weekends events.
Also been experimenting with slow shutter speeds to get some abstract images, I like them but I suspect a bit of marmite :)
Nice images here and on Flickr too Nick - hope your mojo has returned🤞. We all are looking for different things and I don't see anything wrong with experimenting to try and get a more abstract image. I especially like your forth one of the F3's at 1/20th second (y) but I personally think it is what you like which is most important. Although your EXIFs aren't shown here I see from Flickr that you've also got the MC-20 teleconverter for a bit more reach - have you noticed any significant changes in focus speed or IQ?

PS I was there on Saturday too and looked out for you, but sorry to have missed catching up.

@kae1 Thanks for your encouragement.
Yep was around on Saturday, it was not that busy surprised we did not bump into each other.

As for the MC-20, coupled with the OMD-1x I notice no speed change with it on or off, but it is quicker than my OMD-5 MkII. I have fiddled with the AF setting of the OMD-1x so will have to report back if it has changed things much.
IQ? Hmmmm I always struggle with this, it might not be "clinically" sharp but that is something that does not bother me, the one above of the BMW is untouched from the camera.
I also have the MC-14 (came with the 40-150 when I bought it) so will have to use that and see if there is much difference between the two.

After a winter of looking forward to the new season for what ever reason I've been disappointed with my first couple of meetings. So for a change some behind the scenes pictures from the British GTs at Oulton Park.
P1760178.JPG
P1760187.JPG
P1760210_DxO.jpg
P1760228.JPG
P1760304bw.jpg
P1760292.JPG
P1760312a.jpg
P4084963.JPG

Oooo A G6 out in the wild (I was looking for a G6 or G5 to replace my nearly dead G3 ;) and here in aussie-land, OSH/WHS would have a nanna at those fire-extinguishers trapped behind that fold-up desk.

Cool! I was contacted by this car's owner/driver for permission to use my shot from 2020 for his 2023 season "Hero Card". This will be done in an 8 x 10 glossy with text, like a large baseball card. He offered to pay but I gave it to him it at no cost, with two caveats: A) I get one for my portfolio, and B) they cannot remove my logo. This card will get handed out by the thousands this season and may result in some fan sales. Seems like decent free advertising.

This is one of my favorite Nostalgia Funny Cars. The car is named T-Rex. The 'dinosaur' in the background is the driver's wife. The kids love the shtick. She'll get up along the fence next to the stands and dance, act mean, etc.

Panasonic DC-G9 and Panasonic Leica 50-200, a great combination and still one of my all-time favorite lenses.
TRexjpeg.jpg

Oooo A G6 out in the wild (I was looking for a G6 or G5 to replace my nearly dead G3 ;)
Even though my first Panasonic was the G6 I traded it many years ago. However I've been looking for a camera to be able to hold and zoom with a single hand and was reminded that the G5 & G6s had the zoom button. Bought it a couple of months ago and am currently comparing this G6 and 14-42 & 45-175 PZ lenses against other Panasonic bridge cameras to find the best compromise kit for me. For visits to the pits it is just the job, but technology has improved since its launch so is not ideal for action shots.

Am off this Sunday coming to Wakes Colne near Colchester for my 1st ever sidecar Moto Cross. Packing the A7iv and 70-300 G lens. Looking forward to the challenge. Hope to post some stuff on that evening. Anyone else going? (slim chance I know)

In what way? I feel the log assists with giving a sense of place and permanence, amongst the tall tress that are a mere shadow as the car passes by.
Yeah, I can see that POV. For me, though, I'd just like to see more of the car, and I feel the trees do plenty to give a sense of place and speed.

Obviously one can't control the entire environment in this situation; you have to work with what you've got. I have no idea how you get such sharpness on the car while moving the camera. I've tried it a few times with terrible results. I imagine that like with anything else it's a matter of investing the time to practice.

Regardless of any quibble, it really is a crackerjack image. The log is just a small impediment that makes it score a 99 rather than a 100...but I'm not photo contest judge, so take my opinion for what it is.

- K

Had a couple of sunny days watching the Bob Smith Spring cup meeting at Olivers Mount overlooking Scarborough. The 30mph public roads are closed for the occasion and odd bits of safery barriers erected here and there. The 2.43 mile circuit winds its way up and down the hill side and the fastest riders are reaching speeds of up to 160mph whilst averaging over 75mph in spite of three hairpins. Whilst I would normally want to remove as much of the track "furniture" as possible from normal circuits I felt by leaving it in you would get better idea of this circuit, how near you are to the track, what the riders are facing and why road racing is different.
P1090422.JPG
P4154942.JPG
P4151074.JPG
P4152463a.jpg
P4154893bw.jpg
P4155585.JPG
P4161238.JPG
P4154995bw.jpg
P4167623.JPG
P4160972.JPG
P4166890a.jpg

A few from Goodwood's 80th Members Meeting last week
DSC00350.jpg
DSC00413.jpg
DSC00463.jpg
DSC00578.jpg
DSC00660.jpg
DSC00780.jpg
DSC00974.jpg
DSC01166.jpg
DSC01221.jpg
DSC01230.jpg
DSC01249.jpg
DSC01653.jpg
DSC01725.jpg
DSC09795.jpg

Yeah, I can see that POV. For me, though, I'd just like to see more of the car, and I feel the trees do plenty to give a sense of place and speed.

Obviously one can't control the entire environment in this situation; you have to work with what you've got. I have no idea how you get such sharpness on the car while moving the camera. I've tried it a few times with terrible results. I imagine that like with anything else it's a matter of investing the time to practice.

Regardless of any quibble, it really is a crackerjack image. The log is just a small impediment that makes it score a 99 rather than a 100...but I'm not photo contest judge, so take my opinion for what it is.

- K
It really is a matter of repetition, luck, guesswork and repetition. And in this case, manual focus.
This other image of the Ford is not as good IMO, even though it shows more of the car. (and I am not sure why it is coming out as 'red' as it is - I wonder if the browser is rendering it slightly differently to my editing software. Hmm.
But I do enjoy trying to be creative with slow shutterspeeds. Low success rates though. ;) The single car is a crop in at 1/25th ISO64. The pair are 1/5 at ISO100 12mm

historicscollieT7M63151.jpg
WebP4420054 1.jpg

Back