Nature "Show" Mushrooms

52A459EE-1D23-468C-969D-78EAFF22086D.jpeg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

This morning I had about 15 minutes before having to log in at work, I went up on a small elevation that is covered with grass and fallen leaves, it's been raining for weeks now, and I was looking for a big mushroom that I noticed a few days ago. I could not see the mushroom but instead, I found a whole bunch of colonies and smaller ones spread everywhere:
OVI03807.JPG

I tried my luck with f 5.6 and hope I can get enough DoF, I got barely enough.

OVI03810.JPG

The morning light was not very strong and I didn't have any of my (new) lights with me.

OVI03812.JPG

There were so many of them it was hard to pick which ones to "focus" on.

OVI03817.JPG

This is my favourite picture. Nothing screams more autumn than beautiful little mushrooms next to beautiful fallen leaves.

OVI03825.JPG

I have 2 days off (and the only ones for the next 2 weeks) and I am so tempted to go back to the garden with lights and mini tripods and just get lost in the wilderness.

OVI03829.JPG

Even f 8 is very difficult to work with, not enough light, not enough DoF, getting the focus, getting the stability for a lower shutter speed.

OVI03845-Edit.JPG

This is my 2nd most favourite picture and what makes me giddy to go out and get some more but with more DoF and better stability.

OVI03840.JPG

So much autumness that makes me want to print print print.

Someone brought this over for me to take a photo of. I honestly don't know one from another but this is allegedly one of "those" mushrooms...so I thought one of my T-shirts would be a suitable backdrop.
thumbnail

Micro-Nikkor 55mm f/3.5
You know it's a magical mushroom when Gandalf is the one giving it to you, but 5 minutes later you are sitting down with Dumbledor while questioning "What is Depth of Field" but Merlin gives you Tilt-Shift lens and tells you "This one can break the laws of nature".

Back