SHOW National Parks

40848080492_9519eebed6_o.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)
Bike friendly? {YBHT 13} by Andrew Priest, on Flickr

As the Yaberoo Budjara Heritage Trail enters the Yanchep National Park bicycle riders have one more walker friendly barrier to negotiate. Oh down the track is another access option but you have to negotiate a gate to come that way.

From here into the park’s recreation area is all good riding which is nice.

40885773372_096c63f93e_o.jpg

The heat was now biting {YBHT 17} by Andrew Priest, on Flickr

On the return leg now of my out and back ride of the Yaberoo Budjara Heritage Trail. I paused in the shade at the point where trail once again enters the Neerbup National Park. From here to the southern trailhead the track is a pretty good quality limestone surface. The worse of the trail is now behind me.

39253517742_b2ed8ca492_o.jpg

The View Made Up for the 4WD Track by Andrew Priest, on Flickr

Day 2: Esperance to Albany: The Unconventional Ride. 750 km in 10 days. A moment's pause on the 4WD track as I work my way west to Barker Inlet Beach. This was one hour into the ride of the track and only a few kilometres along the way.

38552605984_fb760e01de_o.jpg

Go West Young Man, Go West by Andrew Priest, on Flickr

Day 2: Esperance to Albany: The Unconventional Ride. 750 km in 10 days. A moment's pause at Munroe Point as I look west to Warrenup Beach and on to my destination for the day Quagi Beach. The view is very deceptive; not reflective of what was about to come my way.

30459534167_0299274aef_h.jpg

Lesmurdie Falls - Lesmurdie Falls National Park by Andrew Priest, on Flickr

The Lesmurdie Falls, the namesake of Lesmurdie Falls National Park. The falls where flowing well following good winter rains.

We were walking the park as part of Ibu Anne’s training to complete the Oxfam Trailwalker 50km.

45836380261_d9db2d840f_h.jpg

Turkey Rock - Mt Cooke - Monadnocks National Park
by Andrew Priest, on Flickr

The southern face of Mt Cooke in the Monadnocks National Park abounds with rock outcrops and granite slopes. I have called this rock "Turkey Rock" just because I can :)

We were walking the park as part of Ibu Anne’s training to complete the Oxfam Trailwalker 50km which she ticked off in early October 2018.

45991967522_87aa88073c_h.jpg

Looking East - Mt Cooke - Monadnocks National Park
by Andrew Priest, on Flickr

Looking east from the eastern slopes of Mt Cooke in the Monadnocks National Park, Western Australia. A great spot on the Bibbulmun Track for a break.

We were walking the Bibbulmun Track in this section k as part of Ibu Anne’s training to complete the Oxfam Trailwalker 50km. Anne ticked off the Trailwalker in early October 2018, having completed the 50 km walk.

46251441991_275090b6f0_h.jpg

Bouldering - Mt Cooke - Monadnocks National Park by Andrew Priest, on Flickr

Granite boulders on the peak of Mt Cooke in the Monadnocks National Park, Western Australia.

We were walking the Bibbulmun Track in this section as part of Ibu Anne’s training to complete the Oxfam Trailwalker 50km. Anne ticked off the Trailwalker in early October 2018, having completed the 50 km walk.

46364928572_a2065e8bc0_h.jpg

The Valley of the Giants Tree Top Walk - SCWA 2018 01 by Andrew Priest, on Flickr

The Valley of the Giants Tree Top Walk rises to 40 metres into the forest canopy allowing visitors to experience walking through the treetops of Western Australia's tingle trees. The Valley of Giants is part of the Walpole-Nornalup National Park.

The walk itself is about 600 metres long and is quite an experience, more so when it is windy.

Taken whilst on a south-coast of Western Australia road trip in December 2018 with my youngest son.

44609039060_48d00330c2_h.jpg

Bridging the North Face - Mt Frankland [Caldyanup] - SCWA 2018 02 by Andrew Priest, on Flickr

Circling Mt Frankland on the Caldyanup Trail via the Soho Lookout. This trail loops around the granite bulk of Mount Frankland through the karri forest with views beyond.

From the top of Mount Frankland, you have 360-degree views of the Walpole Wilderness.

Dr J Wilson named Mount Frankland after climbing Mount Lindesay during his explorations north and west of Albany in 1829. He named Mount Frankland after the then Surveyor-General of Tasmania. The Aboriginal name for Mount Frankland is Caldyanup.

Taken on December 11, 2018, whilst on a south-coast of Western Australia road trip with my youngest son.

50291402451_fe239cab43_o.jpg

Rain near Buttermere by Paul Kaye, on Flickr

Back