Show 'Night'

52642397224_d48225b178_o.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

View attachment 383518

Driving my route this morning. There are always watchers in the woods.
That's why I have a kangaroo bar on my car, Will.
The bonnet ("hood" in USA "English") is aluminium, and about 50-75mm behind the leading edge is the top radiator tank ...
A big kangaroo weighs about 90 Kgs, and they are TOUGH! Many a car here has been totally wrecked hitting a kangaroo at high speed.

The white tail deer here can approach 200 lbs. Most are around 125- 150 or so. I'd guess that one to be in that range. Their eyes give them up at night in the headlights. This time of year black bear are waking up around here after hibernating and they are harder to spot at night. Fortunately they are not as plentiful. It's not uncommon for me to see 50- 100 deer during 4 hours of driving anywhere on my route in the mornings before and just after dawn. Bear sightings are limited to smaller areas. Either can easily total the cars we drive at work. My fear is hitting baby bear at 4 am, disabling the car, and then having mama bear asking to see my drivers licence.

The white tail deer here can approach 200 lbs. Most are around 125- 150 or so. I'd guess that one to be in that range. Their eyes give them up at night in the headlights. This time of year black bear are waking up around here after hibernating and they are harder to spot at night. Fortunately they are not as plentiful. It's not uncommon for me to see 50- 100 deer during 4 hours of driving anywhere on my route in the mornings before and just after dawn. Bear sightings are limited to smaller areas. Either can easily total the cars we drive at work. My fear is hitting baby bear at 4 am, disabling the car, and then having mama bear asking to see my drivers licence.
Yeah, I can see the problems that could arise ... :rofl: .

Back