Show 'Night'

Sorry John, I can't see the UFO anywhere! :unsure:
Just out of frame on the upper left, but it was very blurry ... :rofl: .

Two things I am absolutely certain about, Stu:

1) There is (other?) intelligent life in the Universe; and

2) The distances are so immeasurably vast that we will never meet them.

After all, our nearest major galaxy is Andromeda, and it's a mere 2.2 million light years away - about 22 Milky Way diameters ...

And that's just our tiny little local group of about 67 galaxies!

If anyone's interested, check out the famous Drake Equation.

Well yes John, they are always blurry!
But they always have their lights on....I guess so we wont miss them! :rolleyes:
The answer lies in probability theory, rather than in maths or physics, in my opinion. That very things was the subject of some long discussions with a physicist friend in the late 1960s.

Well before the late, great, Douglas Adams came up with the "infinite improbability drive".

If one can change the probability of an object being in one place rather than another, it will instantly exist in the other place.

Just out of frame on the upper left, but it was very blurry ... :rofl: .

Two things I am absolutely certain about, Stu:

1) There is (other?) intelligent life in the Universe; and

2) The distances are so immeasurably vast that we will never meet them.

After all, our nearest major galaxy is Andromeda, and it's a mere 2.2 million light years away - about 22 Milky Way diameters ...

And that's just our tiny little local group of about 67 galaxies!

If anyone's interested, check out the famous Drake Equation.
I have a suspicion there's a factor missing from that equation:
f_0 = fraction of intelligent civilizations that would be interested in communicating with us :rolleyes:
the subscript gives a hint on my estimated value :sneaky:

Urban 2.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

GR001046.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Went for a little stroll; used the GR III with the KEKS 28mm finder (just about adequate for framing - but much, much better than Ricoh's own GV-2 in terms of frame coverage, for less than a third of the price). A fun little package, quite capable in very low light, too - except for AF, unfortunately (slow and unreliable - in this case, it worked).

M.

Last edited:
Back