Show your panoramas

Barnbougle Dunes

I thought I would resurrect this neglected thread with a shot taken back in the autumn. This is a five shot hand held panorama that I only just got around to stitching. It was taken during a round of golf at the Barnbougle Dunes links course in Tasmania's North East. It is rated in the top 50 golf courses in the world and has recently had a neighbouring links course opened (called Lost Farm) that we also played. Both courses are spectacular, sitting right beside the ocean. As you can see the terrain is quite challenging and a great many balls do not make the whole journey around the course :blush:. Thankfully conditions were calm when we played both courses but that is extremely rare.

Please forgive the flare!

barnbougle-panorama.jpg

A bit disappointed today, I really needed the DSLR for what I wanted to do, raced out the door, and when I got to where I was going, discovered that in my haste, I had left the battery in the charger. UGH. So, from the XZ-1, a fake pano. Would have been great as a multi-shot with the FA43, or even the Minolta 50mm (which turns out something like 85mm on the crop, with the adapter).

Today, then, XZ-1 only

7607638910_93eaa8072c_b.jpg

Fake Pano by kyte50, on Flickr

Turned out quite nicely anyway, Sue! :)

love the work people are showing here, I used to dislike panoramas but lately I've come to appreciate them a bit more. Still I think a 1-shot actual panorama (like the Hasselblad Xpan makes) is preferable to (auto)stitched shots, as it can be used for dynamic, changing scenes too...

Back