SHOW Paths, Tracks and Roads

tonyturley

Legend
Nov 24, 2014
Scott Depot, WV, USA
Tony
Don't know what was going on here. The road circles a hilltop, with gates at either end, but it's easy to ride around the gates. It occurred to me that live munitions may be in the woods, as a military depot is nearby, and the land is controlled by the Army Corps of Engineers. But I have also seen people taking their dogs up in the woods to let them run, so I'm perplexed.

MoonMind

Hall of Famer
Dec 29, 2013
Switzerland
Matt

A little bit of background here: I checked out the two Samyang "pancakes" (they're not really pancake lenses, just very compact); this is the image that made things clear for me: I'm keeping the 35mm f/2.8 FE, but will let go of the cheerful enough, yet, at greater focus distances, not very sharp 24mm f/2.8 FE. A 24mm lens shouldn't only be sharp at close quarters (which the 24mm f/2.8 actually is - it can be pleasantly crisp even at medium distances, but *not* at infinity or close to it, even at narrower apertures).

That said, both small Samyang primes don't focus very reliably; I had a couple of misfocused shots with both - notably at smaller apertures (the 35mm started acting up at f/11, the 24mm at f/8). As intriguing as these tiny lenses are, I wish the technology that drives them were better ...

M.

Aushiker

Hall of Famer
May 25, 2015
Fremantle, Western Australia
Andrew

A distant memory – Wattle Trail, Jarrahdale – JWR#00 by Andrew Priest, on Flickr

A very small remnant of the log rail (or tram) tracks that would have once been used to bring the felled wood into Jarrahdale for milling.

This was part of a brief section of my ride from Jarrahdale to Wungong and return which had me sneaking out of Jarrahdale on the Wattle Trail (a walking trail).

Latest threads

Top Bottom