SHOW Paths, Tracks and Roads

sometimes, the path isn't all that clear :sneaky:

2012-Klosters_2012-07-16_14-49-38_01079.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

sometimes, the path isn't all that clear :sneaky:

View attachment 316400
If this is Switzerland, it's not actually a path - but people certainly left a trace ... This is more common than it should be. No offense meant, though - it happens to everyone (I was once strafed by an angry Skua for leaving the official path in a wildlife reserve in Scotland - it happened the same way, and the bird was completely within its rights to dive-bomb me).

M.

If this is Switzerland, it's not actually a path - but people certainly left a trace ... This is more common than it should be. No offense meant, though - it happens to everyone (I was once strafed by an angry Skua for leaving the official path in a wildlife reserve in Scotland - it happened the same way, and the bird was completely within its rights to dive-bomb me).

M.
yes, around Klosters. Well, we always follow the signs or better: try to :) It only takes one sign to be gone or to have missed and off you are.
Some time ago, all signs where changed to a plain yellow stripe. It then happened we inadvertedly switched to a trail from the neighbouring community 😁
We have since added a gps.

M.
and @Bart J D - this is known as a "Desire Path" and they exist the world over
From Wikipedia

"A desire path (often referred to as a desire line in transportation planning, and also known as a game trail, social trail, fishermen trail, herd path, cow path, elephant path, goat track, pig trail, use trail, and bootleg trail) is a path created as a consequence of erosion caused by human or animal traffic. The path usually represents the shortest or most easily navigated route between an origin and destination. The width and severity of erosion are often indicators of the traffic level that a path receives. Desire paths emerge as shortcuts where constructed paths take a circuitous route, have gaps, or are non-existent"

Back