SHOW Paths, Tracks and Roads

2022-11-14 (Mon) 16-08-47.jpeg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

D75_5515.jpg

The inundated path along the shore once more ... of course, with a couple of people using it in spite of it being closed for safety reasons - and to preserve it ...

N.B. When I drove by a little later on my way home, there were in fact many more people (mostly adolescents) on the path. Not a good day for hoping for common sense ...

M.

About three quarters of the local hiking path have been washed away - not really inviting, especially not in wet and slippery conditions:
EM530419.jpg

To be fair, it's not too much of a drop, but there's actually a slope downwards to the left (seen from below now) and not much room on the right, either.
EM530420.jpg

A side track just below shows signs of the water's force as well:
EM530421.jpg

There were more signs of impending doom for the path further down - it'll be quite a task to mend all this come spring (they cannot get there with heavy machinery) ...

M.

About three quarters of the local hiking path have been washed away - not really inviting, especially not in wet and slippery conditions:
View attachment 440396

To be fair, it's not too much of a drop, but there's actually a slope downwards to the left (seen from below now) and not much room on the right, either.
View attachment 440398

A side track just below shows signs of the water's force as well:
View attachment 440402

There were more signs of impending doom for the path further down - it'll be quite a task to mend all this come spring (they cannot get there with heavy machinery) ...

M.
Looks dangerous to me, Matt.
I'm not as well balanced as I was 20-30 years ago ...

Back