SHOW Paths, Tracks and Roads

rocky path.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Looks like someone has driven into the fence since I was last here.
View attachment 449575
A good friend of mine lives in Ashbourne in the Peak District, which I believe is not too far away from there, certainly similar conditions. She, just like lots of locals, often bypass the roads and just drive across the fields to get to where they're going ( :oops: ). The sight of that gap in the fence brought it all back.

A good friend of mine lives in Ashbourne in the Peak District, which I believe is not too far away from there, certainly similar conditions. She, just like lots of locals, often bypass the roads and just drive across the fields to get to where they're going ( :oops: ). The sight of that gap in the fence brought it all back.
Sometimes they have no choice, they do shut off some of the roads there when it snows.

I've been caught out twice in my quest for some nice winter landscapes, fortunately I was able to get home safely.

Sometimes they have no choice, they do shut off some of the roads there when it snows.

I've been caught out twice in my quest for some nice winter landscapes, fortunately I was able to get home safely.
A fine reason, but when I was driven across as the old Land Rover bumped up and down over the grassy fields, it was for short cut purposes and nothing else 😅 .

Some may remember my last shot from this location:

ZFC_2100.jpg

It has obviously got much worse (and I can't see any attempts at stopping the erosion), but not only that ...

ZFC_2101.jpg

... The same process is also starting to affect further parts of the same path; I'm not sure if you can spot it, but a large portion of the path surface has already been swept into the gorge to the left. The leaves sort of mask it, but the whole area is already loose and ready to go.

Things are moving ...

M.

Back