SHOW Paths, Tracks and Roads

Nice sunny day for a bike ride on Monday but bitterly cold.
DSCF6224_edited.jpeg

Wish I had nearby places like that where I could cycle. One of the disadvantages of living in hilly terrain.
There are many miles of lanes around here, not all as small as those but reasonably quiet and a joy to get lost in for a few hours. I used to be able to ride up to 100 miles or more without hardly ever going on a busy road. At the same time I look at a lot of the photos taken on your rides and feel quite envious of the wonderful scenery you have.

There are many miles of lanes around here, not all as small as those but reasonably quiet and a joy to get lost in for a few hours. I used to be able to ride up to 100 miles or more without hardly ever going on a busy road. At the same time I look at a lot of the photos taken on your rides and feel quite envious of the wonderful scenery you have.
Thanks. I do have some marvelous scenery within an hour or two drive from me, but if I just want to hop on my bike and go for a local ride, my options are far more limited. My fault, really, as I didn't give bikeability much thought before we purchased our home.

40848080492_859243c18c_h.jpg

Bike friendly? {YBHT 13} by Andrew Priest (Aushiker), on Flickr

As the Yaberoo Budjara Heritage Trail enters the Yanchep National Park bicycle riders have one more walker friendly barrier to negotiate. Oh down the track is another access option but you have to negotiate a gate to come that way.

From here into the park’s recreation area is all good riding which is nice.

40885773372_cdaa2dc52c_h.jpg

The heat was now biting {YBHT 17} by Andrew Priest (Aushiker), on Flickr

On the return leg now of my out and back ride of the Yaberoo Budjara Heritage Trail. I paused in the shade at the point where trail once again enters the Neerabup National Park. From here to the southern trailhead the track is a pretty good quality limestone surface. The worse of the trail is now behind me.

Back