SHOW Paths, Tracks and Roads

P1000319A.JPG
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Most of the trails I encountered this morning while biking were about the right difficulty for my skill and comfort levels. I did out of curiosity push my bike up a long and very steep trail called "Cease and Desist", which had a long run to a ramp across a small gully at the bottom. Insanity, I say. Fortunately, the trail connected with other trails at the top, so I didn't have to go back down!

P1000355a.JPG

P1000354a.JPG

The bike route I was riding this morning had a lot of utility work along its length, and was pretty rough much of the way. Worst conditions I've seen on that trail. I was attempting to go at least 30 miles total (48 km), but had to turn around when I encountered a spot where the trail was completely blocked by equipment. As the guy was actually busy moving gravel and dirt around, I considered it prudent not to try to squeeze past. There are places along the trail where one can skip off onto a side road to get around such obstacles, but this wasn't one of them. I still ended up at just a bit over 27 miles.

DSCF0311a.JPG

DSCF0321a.JPG

DSCF0329A.JPG

Back