SHOW Paths, Tracks and Roads

_MG_7502-r.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

_MG_7496.JPG

45786616044_5b4ae70f9d_h.jpg

Bibbulmun Track Bridge - Monadnocks National Park
by Andrew Priest, on Flickr

Having left Mt Cooke proper we were now on the Bibbulmun Track heading to the Mt Cooke campsite and the point where we were to leave the Track. En route we encountered a couple of nameless ephemeral creeks. This one warranted a more substantive bridge as the winter flows could be quite substantive for short periods of time.

We were walking the Bibbulmun Track in this section as part of Ibu Anne’s training to complete the Oxfam Trailwalker 50km. Anne ticked off the Trailwalker in early October 2018, having completed the 50 km walk.

45636132995_37cdb9035c_h.jpg

Lonesome - Herold Road - Monadnocks National Park

This was to be the last training walk before Ibu Anne took on the Oxfam Trailwalker 50km. Just a short one, 12 km circuit over Mt Cuthbert and Mt Vincent. Not a very enjoyable walk given the rain and freezing cold southerly wind. This photo was taken early in the walk as we slowly climbed through the National Park to the base of Mt Cuthbert.

Ibu Anne ticked off the Trailwalker in early October 2018, having completed the 50 km walk.

50760876671_6314898948_h.jpg

Into the Stargate - Chemin de Stevenson-2018-D8-31

Into the shade on a warm day as we pass through the last of the forest before coming out on the outskirts of Le Pont de Montvert.

Day 8 of 12 – Le Bleymard to Le Pont de Montvert: Walking the Chemin de Stevenson (GR 70 Robert Louis Stevenson Trail) in the south of France.

Not sunny in Sydney as it should be this time of year, more so cloudy, even damp. We're (sort of) being told to stay in (albeit the local government's still allowing 30,000 spectators into a stadium to watch a game of cricket!) and I did stay in most of the day, but thought I'd go for a walk in empty space for an hour.

DSC_2483 copy.jpg

Not sunny in Sydney as it should be this time of year, more so cloudy, even damp. We're (sort of) being told to stay in (albeit the local government's still allowing 30,000 spectators into a stadium to watch a game of cricket!) and I did stay in most of the day, but thought I'd go for a walk in empty space for an hour.

View attachment 244220
the bokeh in front really works here! Looks completely natural.

the bokeh in front really works here! Looks completely natural.
Many thanks Bart, appreciated. As a file note to myself, I should recognise three things, 1) I sometimes experiment by going against convention and shooting landscape wide open and my experience shows it does often work (also, I do feel some sort of achievement when front and back bokeh is effected), 2) The thing is, I can't really tell from chimping whether a wide open landscape shot has worked, I only know when the file's uploaded to the computer and 3), I only seem able to achieve that kind of shot with MF glass with my brain seeing the focusing dot on the DSLR as a rangefinder patch, I honestly don't think the same shot would look the same using AF glass.

Back