SHOW Paths, Tracks and Roads

_DSF1206.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

_DSF1104.jpg

_DSF1091.jpg

Last edited:
50813722857_e066d00672_h.jpg

Nearly There
by Andrew Priest, on Flickr

The plateau, known as the Cham de l’Hermet is now moments away. A brief breather to be had, before more climbing. We climbed to the plateau via an ancient, cobbled footpath, once used by muleteers.

Chemin de Stevenson-2018-D9-04: Day 9 of 13 – Le Pont de Montvert to Florac: Walking the Chemin de Stevenson (GR 70 Robert Louis Stevenson Trail) in the south of France

More for documentation's sake than anything:

PGX91134.jpg

After last weeks heavy snowfall and the higher temperatures of the last few days, this is all that's left of the snow: compressed, hard and covered in a layer of solid ice - thawed during the day, then frozen again over night and now just cold enough to remain that way. No chance of walking on it without slipping and, eventually, falling (I tried - only the slipping part). I wanted to take this route after the first path had been equally unusable. No joy, even if it seems only a short way to "dry land". So, I had to alter my plans - literally to save my neck, or at least some bones ...

M.

50880173462_31c4cd4b2f_h.jpg

Descending to Florac
by Andrew Priest, on Flickr

Having left the Signal du Bougès we commenced our descent to Florac. The weather by this stage was getting worse and this was to be the last opportunity to take a photo as the rain, wind and lightening hit us soon after. It was to be torrential rain for the rest of the day’s walking.

Thankfully, we came across an old stone shelter which made a dry lunch spot.

Back