SHOW Paths, Tracks and Roads

2022-07-23 (Sat) 13-43-58.jpeg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

51931356939_aeafe6cade_h.jpg

Turn Back Now! by Andrew Priest, on Flickr
A quite stern warning prior to the descent of the other side of the Standley Chasm. The warning I suspect is for any tourists who may have ventured this far from their bus or 4WD.

For us, there was little choice but to continue our adventure, destination Alice Springs some 60 km further on.

#Larapinta Trail 2005-24 – West to East: Standley Chasm to Jay Creek

After several rockfalls, the last 3km section of Table Mountain road was blocked off some years back. The meandering contour road is now
very neglected with mudslides and potholes and sudden chunks of tar totally missing. However, given back to nature, this is now a
beautiful traffic-free walkway, used by hikers, dog walkers, joggers and bikers. I did the 6km walk to the end and back to car yesterday

* The big grey structure on the right is the lower cable-way station

Irene_FUJS7447 Table Mountain Road walk.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

A big shout-out to @Irene McC for the commentary she's added to her photos. I think they make great photos far more interesting and engaging which, after all, is surely what a photographer is trying to achieve with their art. Just my opinion... for what it's worth in your currency. (0.01 GBP)
Huge thanks to you @Herbert Hound for making this post which I truly appreciate! I fully agree that context and background information help the viewers' understanding of an image and enhance the experience. A picture does not always speak a thousand words and often leaves me asking for more knowledge about the subject matter.

After several rockfalls, the last 3km section of Table Mountain road was blocked off some years back. The meandering contour road is now
very neglected with mudslides and potholes and sudden chunks of tar totally missing. However, given back to nature, this is now a
beautiful traffic-free walkway, used by hikers, dog walkers, joggers and bikers. I did the 6km walk to the end and back to car yesterday

* The big grey structure on the right is the lower cable-way station

View attachment 329962

What a wonderful walkway, and how nice is it that when modern engineering can't fix it, it reverts to nature and enjoyment for those of us who love to wander!

Back