Show "People in motion"

Herman

The Image Stimulator
Name
Herman
I'll start. One person moves to the left, one to the right, in the mid we see a person taking a shot of a lady.

P1020893.JPG
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Rarely does a mistake this heinous see the light of day, but occasionally one catches my eye, I can't bring myself to trash it, and I eventually process and play with it. And by then I'm invested enough that I find myself liking it, if for no other reason than its STILL THERE! This first one falls into that category. The second one is not a mistake, or as interesting to my slightly weird eye.

-Ray

View attachment 30577

View attachment 30578

Ray, I had to smile a big smile as I read you describe your process and love the "because it's STILL THERE!". I think we all can relate, I know I can.

My reactions - I think your second is much better than you do. The fellow's blurred figure with his rolling suitcase is fantastic against the very in focus, straight yellow lines all in a row! Add in that fluorescent interior bulb line and the overheads...and the interior stripes and you're talking with this one, in my opinion!

Now for your ghostly one, I like it too very much and think those white highlights that remind me of brush strokes give it its zap of power and make a great counterpoint. Not wanting to sound too out there but, this picture makes me think of some kind of netherworld. It could be hell, or purgatory, or worse...or maybe it's a bad day in the underground.

Both are real keepers - so flag 'em, tag 'em and keyword them both!:2thumbs:

Really nice, olli - the hands, the color, the lines, the light the youngster looking across...and that man in the orange coat. Excellent!

And a special thanks to Herman for starting this thread with his own photograph. Herman you are the best at encouraging intriguing image threads! :bravo-009:

Back