Show "People"

The coffee wars. I am an uncontrollable coffee snob. In October of '82 some friends took me to Peet's in Menlo Park, CA for coffee. Normally coffee is 60 cups to a pound. Peet's in-store ratio is, or was, 40 cups to a pound. I had a cup of French Roast and damned near died from shock. All regular coffee after that was pale dishwater. So I am a dedicated Peet's coffee drinker. I am about to grind some Major Dickason's blend and run it through a Bioletti type brewer for some real coffee, a little sugar in the glass but otherwise out of the pot. Nothing else seems to work. I have this one cup of coffee and that is me for the day. To quote my dear old friend, Pete, "Better one bite good than two bites bad."

The coffee wars. I am an uncontrollable coffee snob. In October of '82 some friends took me to Peet's in Menlo Park, CA for coffee. Normally coffee is 60 cups to a pound. Peet's in-store ratio is, or was, 40 cups to a pound. I had a cup of French Roast and damned near died from shock. All regular coffee after that was pale dishwater. So I am a dedicated Peet's coffee drinker. I am about to grind some Major Dickason's blend and run it through a Bioletti type brewer for some real coffee, a little sugar in the glass but otherwise out of the pot. Nothing else seems to work. I have this one cup of coffee and that is me for the day. To quote my dear old friend, Pete, "Better one bite good than two bites bad."
If only everyone could make coffee like the French do. I've never had a coffee less than wonderful in France!

If only everyone could make coffee like the French do. I've never had a coffee less than wonderful in France!
This is kind of drifting way off topic. But I am an ardent Francophile. I did my Army service time in a small village in France (D'Huison-Longueville par La Ferté-Alais, then Seine et Oise, now Essones) and have been back a few times. The people in that small village, then about 300 or 400, taught me a new way to live and changed my life forever. I have been in their debt since 1962. I was immensely lucky to have been stationed there with so congenial a local population. And in France bad cooks are shot on sight. It is the law. Joking, joking.

When good people die they go to Heaven. The really good get to go to France.

Last edited:
DSCF1944-C1.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

T'was the World Naked Bike Ride in London yesterday. Very very easy to get images of people with their bits hanging out all over the place, especially at the gathering which is when most of these shots were taken, but my challenge was to somehow avoid that and at the same time provide something which gives an idea of what it was like. Quite difficult actually, but got there in the end.
DSC_2778 copy.jpg
DSC_2796.jpg
DSC_2800 copy.jpg
DSC_2801 copy.jpg
DSC_2816 copy.jpg
DSC_2827 copy.jpg

T'was the World Naked Bike Ride in London yesterday. Very very easy to get images of people with their bits hanging out all over the place, especially at the gathering which is when most of these shots were taken, but my challenge was to somehow avoid that and at the same time provide something which gives an idea of what it was like. Quite difficult actually, but got there in the end.View attachment 393462View attachment 393463View attachment 393464View attachment 393465View attachment 393466View attachment 393467
Damn, forgot it was on. Nice set which gives a good idea of what was going on without over egging it.

T'was the World Naked Bike Ride in London yesterday. Very very easy to get images of people with their bits hanging out all over the place, especially at the gathering which is when most of these shots were taken, but my challenge was to somehow avoid that and at the same time provide something which gives an idea of what it was like. Quite difficult actually, but got there in the end.View attachment 393462View attachment 393463View attachment 393464View attachment 393465View attachment 393466View attachment 393467

A few years ago, I took a slightly different stance by covering the bits and pieces with a black square

I was out walking London a few years back when they came riding by, I won't forget that! Nice images 👍🏻

Last edited:
Back