Show "People"

_DSC2910.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Maybe that's more of a comment about the quality of English coffee.... ;)
woo hoo, coffee war coming right up :eek:) I normally look forward to my trips to the new country; except for 1 thing....the cawfee. I can count on 1 finger the times I have had a decent cuppa java there. There is an instinctive defense measure I employ when the breakfast waitress asks "Refill sir"? I cover the cup with my hand and go "Nuh Nuh Nuh nuh....no thank you, I have had quite sufficient". As for Star....Starb....oh, I cannot even say the name without clenching my Butt-Ox. A shop which basically sells hot milk shakes with flavoured syrups. So, USA a big thumbs up for me. But coffee lets you down big time in my humble O. (OK standby for incoming Pete)

woo hoo, coffee war coming right up :eek:) I normally look forward to my trips to the new country; except for 1 thing....the cawfee. I can count on 1 finger the times I have had a decent cuppa java there. There is an instinctive defense measure I employ when the breakfast waitress asks "Refill sir"? I cover the cup with my hand and go "Nuh Nuh Nuh nuh....no thank you, I have had quite sufficient". As for Star....Starb....oh, I cannot even say the name without clenching my Butt-Ox. A shop which basically sells hot milk shakes with flavoured syrups. So, USA a big thumbs up for me. But coffee lets you down big time in my humble O. (OK standby for incoming Pete)
Well to play devil's advocate Pete, two things; 1) In the context of accepting it for what it is, I rather like the hot milk shakes with flavoured syrups that they do over there (not Starbucks though); and 2) us UK people would have a lot more weight on our side were it not for that Costa-bleedin' Coffee chain. I think outside of Italy, the best real thing can only be sourced from a Bialetti coffee make on the stove. Incidentally, I saw one of them recently in the states which was humongous:
Coffee1.jpg

For context, the biggest ones I'd seen previously were the 6/9 cup ones beneath this monster.

Back