Show: Random Picture Thread!!!

Jan 7, 2013
Cheshire, England
Short answer
Beads of water on car sunroof, but out of focus. Reflection of branches and power lines in focus.

Long answer
I returned to my car during a snowfall. The warmth of the car melted the snow to form large beads of water on the sunroof glass. I quickly snapped a shot with my camera in total AUTO mode ((unusual for me, but it was snowing) hoping it would focus on the beads, but it didn’t. When I looked at the image on my computer I was at first disappointed then intrigued.
I see it now... very interesting image.

tonyturley

Hall of Famer
Nov 24, 2014
Scott Depot, WV, USA
:eek-54: What is it about interstates? The 25 miles between my home and work site has become a daily nightmare, with frequent crashes and traffic logjams. Even people from large cities that come here say our drivers are very aggressive. Bumper to bumper traffic is common, and Charleston is a small city that has lost a lot of population. Go figure.

Covey22

Hall of Famer
Feb 3, 2012
:eek-54: What is it about interstates? The 25 miles between my home and work site has become a daily nightmare, with frequent crashes and traffic logjams. Even people from large cities that come here say our drivers are very aggressive. Bumper to bumper traffic is common, and Charleston is a small city that has lost a lot of population. Go figure.
I-93, especially the approaches to Boston from the South, is one of nastiest concrete stretches I know. That crash was on a Saturday, mid-day, not even Rush Hour, and was only one of three separate incidents (the other two I could not safely take a picture of), that clogged a four mile segment and added 30 minutes to total drive time.

Impatience, speed and total disregard for safety. MA aggressively patrols for text-and-drive, yet everywhere I turned my head, someone was literally head down looking and typing on their phone while maintaining a three foot separation from the car in front while at 40mph. Someone sneezes, they end up in your back seat having tea and scones.

It just takes too long to use the MBTA, otherwise I'd be there, safely snapping photos in the subway.

BrianS

Super Moderator
Apr 3, 2013
I'm doing an evil scientist laugh as I post this to the "Random Picture Thread".

FRACTAL by fiftyonepointsix, on Flickr

This is what you get when writing a custom Fortran program to convert the 2x2 Bayer cells into a complex number and use it as input to the Mandelbrot algorithm.

Yes- Random.

Latest threads

Top Bottom