Show: Random Picture Thread!!!

wee-pics

Hall of Famer
Real Name
Walter
Well, as you well know Andrew, beauty is in the eyes of the beholder.
I was referring to my own taste, not that of anyone else.
And your sad-eyed companion looks indeed better than his almost naked collegues over here.
So give Gibert a friendly pat on the back from me and tell him he's an exception.
Looking just a little crumpled and wrinkled but with a welcoming look in his eyes. ;)

Last edited:

wee-pics

Hall of Famer
Real Name
Walter
P7047540.1.JPG
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Aushiker

Hall of Famer
Real Name
Andrew
51282247828_61c891c619_h.jpg

Meat Safe or a Dropbox? by Andrew Priest, on Flickr

A curious abandoned structure on the side of the Chemin de Stevenson near a homestead within the Parc national des Cevennes.

Chemin de Stevenson-2018-D10-27: Day 10 of 12 – Florac to Gare de Cassagnas: Walking the Chemin de Stevenson (#GR70 Robert Louis Stevenson Trail) in the south of France.

MiguelATF

Hall of Famer
Talent, Oregon (far from the madding crowd)
Real Name
Miguel Tejada-Flores
How are you finding that 35mm lens Miguel? It was the one and only when I was using Fuji cameras.

Confession: it's actually the only Fuji X-lens I have now. I purchased it, lightly used, from the same photographer who sold me the camera.

But to answer your question: I'm finding it both fun to shoot with - and optically superb. It's been quite a few years since I shot extensively with anything resembling a standard 50mm - back in the analog days I shot a lot with both a 50mm f/1.4 Super Takumar (on my Spotmatics) and later with a 50mm f/1.7 (on several MX's) - and getting back into the more-or-less-50mm mindset is an interesting exercise. But the lens itself is performing splendidly. In relative terms, it's every bit as good as my old Pentax 50mm lenses were - and for me, that is high praise since they were among the best bits of glass I've ever shot with.

The 35mm also gives me a slightly more telephoto view than I've been used to recently (I've done much more shooting with the equivalent FOV's of a 28mm, a 30mm or a 35mm perspective, on a handful of other cameras) - so it's both interesting and an ongoing challenge.

But the lens itself is...awesome. It's slightly larger than the supposedly very good 'Fujicron' 35mm f/2 - but, honestly, it's not all that large - and 'feels' good on the camera body. It's going to take me some time (and a lot more shooting) to discover more of what it can (and can't) do - but it's a truly nice bit of kit.

rayvonn

Hall of Famer
Confession: it's actually the only Fuji X-lens I have now. I purchased it, lightly used, from the same photographer who sold me the camera.

But to answer your question: I'm finding it both fun to shoot with - and optically superb. It's been quite a few years since I shot extensively with anything resembling a standard 50mm - back in the analog days I shot a lot with both a 50mm f/1.4 Super Takumar (on my Spotmatics) and later with a 50mm f/1.7 (on several MX's) - and getting back into the more-or-less-50mm mindset is an interesting exercise. But the lens itself is performing splendidly. In relative terms, it's every bit as good as my old Pentax 50mm lenses were - and for me, that is high praise since they were among the best bits of glass I've ever shot with.

The 35mm also gives me a slightly more telephoto view than I've been used to recently (I've done much more shooting with the equivalent FOV's of a 28mm, a 30mm or a 35mm perspective, on a handful of other cameras) - so it's both interesting and an ongoing challenge.

But the lens itself is...awesome. It's slightly larger than the supposedly very good 'Fujicron' 35mm f/2 - but, honestly, it's not all that large - and 'feels' good on the camera body. It's going to take me some time (and a lot more shooting) to discover more of what it can (and can't) do - but it's a truly nice bit of kit.
Your going to have a good time I promise you.

Top Bottom