The Random Image Thread

L1002655.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Can't figure out what the chunk of wood is for ...

M.

Good shot, sombre outlook. We've had our first four quarantine cases during the last two weeks: Sick fathers, so children are stuck at home again - though if they have contracted it themselves, let alone infected others, we'll have to see ... Uncomfortable situation at best. Oh, and one of our fellow musicians, a young nurse, has tested positive. Thankfully, only a small section of the orchestra was present when she last attended a rehearsal, and no quarantine ordered ... but the virus seems to be homing in on us once more.

Stay safe, everybody.

M.
When I asked my friend who teaches in secondary school how he was doing in the first week of class, he said: "Welcome to the open field trial. We teachers are the guinea pigs."

I continue to be amazed at the iso handling capabilities of these new cameras. When I get one, it'll require a whole new mindset towards shooting.
I switch off (JPEG) NR on my Z bodies; result: clean files at ISO 6400 (when exposed correctly) with the Z 6 and ISO 3200 with the Z 50 at viewing and web sizes; RAWs need minimal treatment for noise; the only downside is that chroma noise is somewhat prevalent when comparing the Nikons' to other cameras' low light output, and much prefer (random) luminance noise as produced by, e.g., Leica M bodies (but they have much higher noise levels in total). But at those values for usable results, this hardly matters.

M.

Les-Baux-de-Provence. A close connection with the Grimaldi Royal Family and hence Princess Grace‘s (Kelly) visit.

“In 1822 bauxite was discovered in the area by geologist Pierre Berthier. The ore was intensively mined until its exhaustion at the end of the 20th century“.(Wikipedia)
OriginalFullResolutionImage.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Last edited:
Back