The Random Image Thread

PB024541.3.jpg

E-M5 with 2.8/12-40 pro, in-camera double exposure
1st take: the rose carved into a stone sculpture
2nd take: autumn leaves with some blossoms deliberately left completely unsharp to add some colour

The raging forest fire which burned parts of my small town and the neighboring town as well, happened almost two months ago. Now, I find myself driving along the highway, past burned areas, and still surprised by many of the images. In quite a few spots, I've had to fight the urge to hit the brakes, stop the car and just get out and take it all in, but from much closer up.

Today I gave in to the impulse. And I had a camera with me. One of the things I saw was the pattern of what I think must have been melted plastic - next to this burned van. It reminded me of the patterns departing waves leave in the sand sometimes, at low tide, on the coast.

EP3_Nov10_Burned_vehicles#3.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

The raging forest fire which burned parts of my small town and the neighboring town as well, happened almost two months ago. Now, I find myself driving along the highway, past burned areas, and still surprised by many of the images. In quite a few spots, I've had to fight the urge to hit the brakes, stop the car and just get out and take it all in, but from much closer up.

Today I gave in to the impulse. And I had a camera with me. One of the things I saw was the pattern of what I think must have been melted plastic - next to this burned van. It reminded me of the patterns departing waves leave in the sand sometimes, at low tide, on the coast.

View attachment 239952
Miguel, I think it's even more ominous - the puddle looks like molten metal to me, not plastic - oxidised, too; chrome plating? All window frames, door handles and strips are missing ... Well, you were the one standing next to it, so I certainly trust your judgement. But the heat must have been enormous.

M.

Back