The Random Image Thread

Giant millipede

DSC_3740worm-1.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

DSC_3742worm-1.jpg

51116274444_7de8860237_h.jpg

A Shed of Stone
by Andrew Priest, on Flickr

I assume that stone was the most accessible building material at some time in the past, given this shed or storage space was built of stone.

It was seen as we climbed the Minente Valley, approximately three kilometres from Florac.

Chemin de Stevenson-2018-D10-13: Day 10 of 12 – Florac to Gare de Cassagnas: Walking the Chemin de Stevenson (#GR70 Robert Louis Stevenson Trail) in the south of France.

Every time my neighbor's daughter sees me in front of the house she comes running towards me and want her picture taken. She is so friendly and lovely. I don't have to pose her cos she comes says hello and as soon I take one image she runs into her house again not forgetting saying Thank you. The only words she can say in English.

DSC_3815kanomkanom.jpg

Last edited:
FXE36730.jpg

Today, I compared two interesting "fast fifties", the Panasonic 25mm f/1.4 II and the Fujifilm 35mm f/1.4. The most striking thing was how close they were in terms of performance; I'd give the nod to the Fujifilm for rendering, but only by a very small margin. Both suffer from quite bad LoCA, but if you see it certainly depends on the subject ... The Panasonic rules over the Fujifilm in terms of AF and sealing, the Fujifilm is the much more tactile lens. It's a wash, really - but both are "classic" lenses that can't quite keep up with the latest trends and developments in terms of super-reliable results under almost all conditions and at all settings; as long as you're aware of that and stop them down a little whenever technical IQ is important (and as far as light levels allow), you'll be fine.

M.

Back