The Random Image Thread

P1038189.3.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

There's an old University drinking song, that reputedly originated at Stanford, whose lyrics go something like this:

And it's beer, beer, beer...
That makes you feel no fear!

This photo, taken with the Fish-Eye lens on my tiny Pentax Q7, is in honor of that song---

Q7_Apr30_21_beer-beer-beer.jpg

Hiding in plain sight, this piece of lichen is actually the larvae of some type of insect. The larvae camouflages itself to hide from predators. You can barely see the larvae at the left side of the lichen bundle. I looked online and there are numerous examples of such behavior, often called trash bugs. This an extreme crop at high ISO.
Trash bug.jpg

I visited the old digs in Outokumpu.

The view that opens in front of me when I leave the property to the public road gives me such a flash of nostalgy and idyll not unlike seeing the iconic landscape from Twin Peaks, WA. I mean, you're not going to see it but I have the necessary emotional connection. I was probably a mistake selling the property. I should have watched Thomas Heaton and the like in 2016 instead of wanting to be the next HCB. I would have been satisfied with that life in the woods.

Back