The Random Image Thread

ZFC_0465.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

The first time I saw a - foldable traffic cone ...

M.

Anything you don't know what it is nowadays ... they call it art. ;)
Unfortunately, it's a cosmic energy concentrator (no joke, either - it's advertised as such; I read the sign in passing; they charge you for using it).

Extremely random, no doubt ... which reminds me ...

Z50_2202.jpg

M.

At a local outdoor craft fair for pottery and ceramic sculpture, I couldn't stop staring at a tall cylindrical ceramic bird feeder - in the form of an eccentric face sticking out its tongue. The artist noted my interest, and volunteered to pose next to her sculpture, sticking out her tongue as well.

XPro3_Oct23_21_sticking_tongue_out.jpg

I know I've used the Hmmmmm emoji twice on your pics of this . . . whatever it is. I am totally perplexed as to its form or purpose.
Easy answer, Tony. It's one of several objects of local artists who have specialized on woodwork. And as with most art - especially of modern times - you stand there and ask yourself 'what the heck is this?'. There is a nice saying in Germany for such objects where people have difficulties in deciding what it is: "Ist es Kunst oder kann es weg?" (Is it art or can it be trashed?"). And it did happen indeed in one of the German museums that cleaning ladies disposed of one exhibit by Joseph Beuys and thus destroyed it forever.

So no need to be perplexed, Tony, just enjoy as I did surrounding it and taking pics.
Quite often when you ask yourself 'what does the artist want to tell us?' the answer is simply *nothing* ... he just wants to do the same thing we try (and succeed in) as photographers at times, too: providing a completely new and unexpected (surprising) view on things around you.

And btw, when I see your *hmmm* emoji under one of my pics I contentedly lean back knowing I've just achieved that.

Back