Help Problems with file upload/attachments on iOS

Can some one help, PLEASE.
As I’ve said repeatedly I’m a technotwit. The post above is supposed to have some text and A , as in ONE, photo. Every time I try to post a photo I get something wrong. I can’t tell you how many times today I tried to accomplish this-seemingly simple- task.
First this ‘chine asked for the item I got it from library. Somehow that didn’t take so I did it again. Guess how many appeared the second try? Full sized? I’ve stopped counting how many attempts I’ve made trying to correct.
So:
1- can some one knowledgeable PLEASE correct it.
2- avoid giving advice, instructions etc. until Ι‘m ready to try again.

THANKS

Can some one help, PLEASE.
As I’ve said repeatedly I’m a technotwit. The post above is supposed to have some text and A , as in ONE, photo. Every time I try to post a photo I get something wrong. I can’t tell you how many times today I tried to accomplish this-seemingly simple- task.
First this ‘chine asked for the item I got it from library. Somehow that didn’t take so I did it again. Guess how many appeared the second try? Full sized? I’ve stopped counting how many attempts I’ve made trying to correct.
So:
1- can some one knowledgeable PLEASE correct it.
2- avoid giving advice, instructions etc. until Ι‘m ready to try again.

THANKS
I would if I could - the attachment doesn't exist, i.e. the upload failed for some reason.

Have you recently upgraded to Windows 11?

M.

I use iOS ? On my iPad. This is in Photos app. I just wasted about 30 mins loading it, mostly right, at a local website.
I’m frustrated by all the time doing this takes. This is why I post so few images. I MAY try something else when I calm down. I can’t see wasting any more time now.

I use iOS ? On my iPad. This is in Photos app. I just wasted about 30 mins loading it, mostly right, at a local website.
I’m frustrated by all the time doing this takes. This is why I post so few images. I MAY try something else when I calm down. I can’t see wasting any more time now.
Okay, so it's not that (there's a "bug" in Win11 that makes drag&drop impossible in some cases).

I cannot help with iOS, I'm not touching that universe - but usually, just dragging and dropping an image between open applictions should actually work.

EDIT: Okay, I have to correct myself on the last sentence: It's actually often *not* that trivial on my Android phone. But "Attach files" works flawlessly on any of my systems, so I'm still stumped.

I'd really appreciate an expert chiming in, though (even if only for my own sake). I see that your frustration runs pretty deep by now, but it's the first time that anyone complains about this (to my knowledge), so I guess there *is* a way to do what you want in a straightforward manner.

M.

Last edited:
Just posted this pic of our dog from my iPad. So it is possible.
What I did: clicked the icon “attach file” on the lower left, selected a pic from my photos, then clicked the text “insert” on the small preview pic. That did it.

54FAB6FE-38EA-4590-AF0F-88296D5E77C7.jpeg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Another way is from within Photos, when you are viewing the desired image, select the Share button (icon is a square with arrow pointing up) and in the pop up, hit “Copy Photo.” Come back to your forum post, do a long-press in the body of your post (where you are typing), and you‘ll get a pop-up that allows you to paste it. The forum should do the rest.

Another way is from within Photos, when you are viewing the desired image, select the Share button (icon is a square with arrow pointing up) and in the pop up, hit “Copy Photo.” Come back to your forum post, do a long-press in the body of your post (where you are typing), and you‘ll get a pop-up that allows you to paste it. The forum should do the rest.
Thanks @Darmok N Jalad I’ve tried “Copy Photo“, didn’t know about the long-press trick. I’ll try to remember to give it a go.
Apollo T.

Back